+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next season's squad?

I think Jay would be OK in the Championship, at least for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I think Jay would be OK in the Championship, at least for one season.
    Should never have returned to East Lancashire. Think we could have done better than that, at the time.He just doesn’t fit the bill for me. No room for sentimentality in sport.

I love Jay Rod, it'a pity we had to sell him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Irrespective of which division we are in next season I would like to keep
    Pope
    Taylor
    Cornet
    Collins
    Weghorst if he can start scoring.
    The rest can go if the price is right
    I would keep

Pope
    Hennessy
    Roberts
    Collins
    Taylor
    Pieters
    Lennon
    Westwood
    McNeil
    Cornet
    Weghorst

as a core group. That would mean bringing in 14 to make up a squad of 25. That is too much, so I would look at continuing to transition over two or even three windows. I would also recruit for a return to the PL, not a Championship squad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)