+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rochdale

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Did you mean to post this on the sauerkraut thread?
    Or the Jurgen Klopp Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Perhaps not, but a forest fire starts with one small spark
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Perhaps not, but a forest fire starts with one small spark
    I see your point , but teams like Bury, and Macc and Scarborough didn't seem to set much alight, apart from locally

I hate to say it, but it needs a biggish club to go under to have the faintest beginnings of a spark

But we all know that won't be allowed to happen.

It's much easier to let insignificant clubs(in their view) go to the wall

And we'd be very much in that category.

I doubt too many people high up in the football hierarchy would lose too much sleep if we went under.

We've already lost what I suspect most on here world think of the golden years of football, myself very much included.

The Premier League broke their necks not to let Portsmout go bust, even went as far as advancing them the next years payments early, just so they could get relegated and be someone else's problem. .......allegedly of course.

We have a lot more in common with the likes of Rochdale, Bury, Scarborough, Macclesfield and Hereford, than we do with Man Utd,or even Wednesday.
    All these "smaller " clubs would die to be in our position, with our stability, these clubs are the heart of their communities, everything should be done to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Torquay Utd are to enter administration. They currently sit 11th in the National League.

They last played League football over 10 years ago. Another Bury as they say.
    Torquay United Chairman Clarke Osborne stepping down from his position, & putting the club into administration.

Also manager Gary Johnson, leaves the club by mutual consent.

The club are in 11th place, in the National League South
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 23-02-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Torquay United Chairman Clarke Osborne stepping down from his position, & putting the club into administration.

Also manager Gary Johnson, leaves the club by mutual consent.

The club are in 11th place, in the National League South
    And the impending 10 point deduction takes them from a chance of the play offs,to the cusp of the relegation zone…they may even have to go part time instead of full time..

On the thread as a whole,some clubs have to simply find a level they are comfortable and more or less stay there and fans have to also realise this and just have a club to follow every week…

Sadly yes, this is happening. The game I started watching many years ago has been ruined by TV and largely foreign investors who care nothing about our heritage. Once we could dream, go toe to toe with the big boys and even hope one day to surpass them. Now it's sterile. The iniquitous parachute system has set in motion a system where the rich get richer and the poor poorer. I hope the whole rotten circus implodes through its own greed

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Sadly yes, this is happening. The game I started watching many years ago has been ruined by TV and largely foreign investors who care nothing about our heritage. Once we could dream, go toe to toe with the big boys and even hope one day to surpass them. Now it's sterile. The iniquitous parachute system has set in motion a system where the rich get richer and the poor poorer. I hope the whole rotten circus implodes through its own greed
    Correct

Add to this the stuff about, homophobia, racism, lgbtQ+ and other “ you will think this way” bilge and it’s a long way away from just wanting your team to win

A team such as the Millers need the parachute payments to stop, when you look at 3 years
    of large payments to the 3 teams dropping out of the premier league, its a big advantage.
    It's kept such as Norwich City in the money, Delia sifting the money along with the flour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    A team such as the Millers need the parachute payments to stop, when you look at 3 years
    of large payments to the 3 teams dropping out of the premier league, its a big advantage.
    It's kept such as Norwich City in the money, Delia sifting the money along with the flour.
    It's never going to happen ELK, in fact the financial disparity is more likely to increase until we have a Premier League 2 and the remaining EFL clubs are cut adrift.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast