+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Chicken Little Crew - drawing a line.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I also agree. I don't join in with the constant club bashing, but I can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. If it's good then say so, and do the same if it's bad.
    My thoughts also.

I also agree. I don't join in with the constant club bashing, but I can't ignore the evidence of my own eyes. If it's good then say so, and do the same if it's bad.
    Agree with that as well. Just wish the glee club members would start talking sensible instead of spewing out constant platitudes.

I'm also one who won't join in with the " club bashing" . All the years I have supported Notts( through good and bad times), not once have I felt they have taken my support for granted.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-11-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    An excellent post Swale. I fully support your comments, but I think we would all agree that although we have players who are good enough to get us out of our present predicament, Ardley has to produce a winning team selection from what is a very mixed bag, and finding the right group of players to achieve this will not be easy.
    I believe we and AH must be patient.
    I think if we have a fully fit squad, we might just have enough to scrape a 22nd place finish - if we get a couple of decent midfielders and full backs in. Oh, and a target man who can hold the ball up and also run in behind. We need get some energy into the side, because at the moment we are inert - especially at home, and especially without Enzio.

Whatever happens this season, Ardley needs to be given a free pass - even if, like Big Sam, he starts off without a win for ages and we go down.

I honestly think that with the right manager, and this one seems as good as any, we have the squad to still get midtable. Just need the manager to remind the players they are responsible for themselves and need to take pride in the professional status they have achieved. Confidence and team work instead of eleven individuals pointing at each other. Attack and defend in pairs and gets some wins under the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Agree with that as well. Just wish the glee club members would start talking sensible instead of spewing out constant platitudes.
    I agree with Swale to an extent, but if things need stating, we'll say it without being told to sit on the naughty step. So please cut that out SwalePie, you're not a mod any more just a decent poster. Do we have good players (like he says) who have been badly managed. Maybe a few, and no-one could have managed us worse than Chettle, who has been beyond awful.

Just listened to Ardley and he is likeable, I have to agree. New start? OK then, but when it's ****, let's say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Just listened to Ardley and he is likeable, I have to agree. New start? OK then, but when it's ****, let's say so.
    Sounds fair to me, I just meant let's wait and see before the negativity continues into the Ardley reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    So please cut that out SwalePie, you're not a mod any more just a decent poster.
    Are you sure about that? (The mod bit, not the decent poster bit).

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I went too Morecambe and the game last night. In my opinion Ward was our best player in both games.
    True Navy I forgot about Ward, he has been an improvement on what went before. I'm thinking more about down the sides, no bite or ability to stop a cross at all. Thought Ardley came across well in his presser though so let's see if we can remain in touch until he can sort us out.

Are you sure about that? (The mod bit, not the decent poster bit).
    Just doing my bit as a stopgap measure to keep the forum open.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast