+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swansea Up Bid For Andy Yiadom

It'll be tough no doubt about it but the club set out a plan and at the time I think most agreed with it as we were sick of watching bang average 30yr olds picking up a last wage and showing no fight and passion for the club . Carry on from me as we are.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Same as last years team who'd never kicked a ball at this level
    Better than last year ESR Davies, McDonald, Moncur, Mowett, Payne, Brown, Jackson & Bradshaw ( Ex Yids ) had all kicked a ball at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It'll be tough no doubt about it but the club set out a plan and at the time I think most agreed with it as we were sick of watching bang average 30yr olds picking up a last wage and showing no fight and passion for the club . Carry on from me as we are.
    Thats fair enough Esr and I think we can all point to players like Mido & Leroy Lita especially as those journeymen who 'stole' a wage from us.
    If this squad plays to their strengths, which could well be their naivety and inexperience (yes that could be a plus point funnily enough), and if they get in the faces of the opposition we could well be onto an equally good season as last season.
    If that happens I'll be on here scrapping with Animal & Ponty for the biggest piece of humble pie you've ever seen.

And I'll tell you what, all these exchanges of positive and negative opinions has got me just as interested as always in the new season. Whether its going to be a good season or not, and Im sure every one of us still feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    for the time being we're going to struggle mate unless this new team knits together quickly. I agree that Heckys bought well and it's also glaringly obvious we need to get a striker in. Nothing would please us all more than to see Hecky welcoming a new striker to Oakwell tomorrow I'm sure.

Money in the bank? None of us can truly know what kind of funds are there and what is available to spend. Plenty of us like to guesstimate but until the figures are released then it's down to assumption and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    for the time being we're going to struggle mate unless this new team knits together quickly. I agree that Heckys bought well and it's also glaringly obvious we need to get a striker in. Nothing would please us all more than to see Hecky welcoming a new striker to Oakwell tomorrow I'm sure.

Money in the bank? None of us can truly know what kind of funds are there and what is available to spend. Plenty of us like to guesstimate but until the figures are released then it's down to assumption and speculation.
    Perhaps you can ascertain the true position P&M

Last financial statement was filed for year up to May2016
    for year up to May 2017 ie recent past you will have to wait another year

The following seems to be a reasonable attempt to summarise the statement

The club has filed its Financial Statements for the year to 31 May 2016 with Companies House.

For the year in question the club has taken the option of filing only the Balance Sheet and Notes, which they are entitled by law so to do. It does make the process of gleaning any information from them that much more difficult though.

Note 13 (Reserves) shows the deficit on Retained Earnings has increased by £577,669 to £9,586,454. What this means is that Barnsley FC lost £577,669 last year, and its accumulated losses now stand at £9,586,454 in total. Remember that last season, the club visited Wembley twice, and yet it still lost money.

Note 17 (Related Party Disclosures) states that Mr Cryne made a personal donation to the club of £402,143 in the year, and that the sum is included in turnover. What that means is that the loss of £577,669 is calculated after the donation of £402,143. Therefore, without the donation the loss would have been £979,812. Not so far away from the £1m stated by Mr Cryne back in June.

Note 3 (Intangible Fixed Assets), which is player transfer fees shows that the club spent £587,500 on new players during the year and I wonder whether the money spent by Mr Cryne went towards funding these player acquisitions.

Note 8 (Loans and Overdrafts) shows that the Bank Overdraft, which stood at £1,412,683 was paid off during the year, and indeed the Balance sheet shows that we had Cash at Bank and in Hand of £576,106, a turnaround of £1,988,789 in the year. However, Note 8 shows that Other Loans increased from £2,660,588 to £7,426,394 during the year. The increase of £4,765,806 has partly been made up of a Balance Sheet reclassification of the Share Subscription Account (see Note 13 Reserves), which accounts for £3,900,00 of the difference, but I suspect that the rest is new money received from Mr Cryne via loan rather than donation.

Note 17 (Related Party Disclosures) also notes that Barnsley FC paid ground rent of £99,999 (£103,113 last year) to Oakwell Community Assets Limited, the company jointly owned by Mr Cryne and Barnsley MBC that owns the ground, under the terms of a 25 year lease. It also notes that Brabners LLP were paid £48,110 (£41,038 last year) for the services of Mr Watkins.

Note 18 (Post Balance Sheet Events) notes that £10m net profit was received after the year end. This would have related to the sale of John Stones by Everton to Manchester City, and presumably the sale of Alfie Mawson to Swansea. The figure is quoted before any other contingent amounts become due, for example those based on number of games played, international appearances or share of subsequent transfer fee in respect of Mawson.

Any clearer?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Perhaps you can ascertain the true position P&M

Last financial statement was filed for year up to May2016
    for year up to May 2017 ie recent past you will have to wait another year

The following seems to be a reasonable attempt to summarise the statement

The club has filed its Financial Statements for the year to 31 May 2016 with Companies House.

For the year in question the club has taken the option of filing only the Balance Sheet and Notes, which they are entitled by law so to do. It does make the process of gleaning any information from them that much more difficult though.

Note 13 (Reserves) shows the deficit on Retained Earnings has increased by £577,669 to £9,586,454. What this means is that Barnsley FC lost £577,669 last year, and its accumulated losses now stand at £9,586,454 in total. Remember that last season, the club visited Wembley twice, and yet it still lost money.

Note 17 (Related Party Disclosures) states that Mr Cryne made a personal donation to the club of £402,143 in the year, and that the sum is included in turnover. What that means is that the loss of £577,669 is calculated after the donation of £402,143. Therefore, without the donation the loss would have been £979,812. Not so far away from the £1m stated by Mr Cryne back in June.

Note 3 (Intangible Fixed Assets), which is player transfer fees shows that the club spent £587,500 on new players during the year and I wonder whether the money spent by Mr Cryne went towards funding these player acquisitions.

Note 8 (Loans and Overdrafts) shows that the Bank Overdraft, which stood at £1,412,683 was paid off during the year, and indeed the Balance sheet shows that we had Cash at Bank and in Hand of £576,106, a turnaround of £1,988,789 in the year. However, Note 8 shows that Other Loans increased from £2,660,588 to £7,426,394 during the year. The increase of £4,765,806 has partly been made up of a Balance Sheet reclassification of the Share Subscription Account (see Note 13 Reserves), which accounts for £3,900,00 of the difference, but I suspect that the rest is new money received from Mr Cryne via loan rather than donation.

Note 17 (Related Party Disclosures) also notes that Barnsley FC paid ground rent of £99,999 (£103,113 last year) to Oakwell Community Assets Limited, the company jointly owned by Mr Cryne and Barnsley MBC that owns the ground, under the terms of a 25 year lease. It also notes that Brabners LLP were paid £48,110 (£41,038 last year) for the services of Mr Watkins.

Note 18 (Post Balance Sheet Events) notes that £10m net profit was received after the year end. This would have related to the sale of John Stones by Everton to Manchester City, and presumably the sale of Alfie Mawson to Swansea. The figure is quoted before any other contingent amounts become due, for example those based on number of games played, international appearances or share of subsequent transfer fee in respect of Mawson.

Any clearer?
    Unfortunately not Exile, due to my lack of intelligence I never studied accountancy. Interesting read though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123