+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting theory

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    But December onwards it wasn't working, we went to winning 1 in 3 after a tremendous start but I think the start was fortunate, we did well with injuries and we won some games I don't think we deserved to and I think other teams clocked the tactic and put measures in place.
    I think too much is being made of this style of play, I don't think anyone including Hardy expects us to be like Man City but wants an improvement on the dross tactic used last season which ultimately didn't work in the end and was awful to watch. I think if we had continued with it and signed similar personnel we would have been around mid table or below this season. The issue for me is we have signed badly, most people on here said Hewitt was no good in midfield without Yates and he was highlighted as a reason for our poor performances towards the end of the season(which was a bit unfair) yet now after signing ump**** CMs Hewitt still looks the best option, never got a left back and Dennis is struggling, last season we had Shola, not prolific but brought a lot more to the team than Dennis has up to now. I had alarm bells in pre season shipping goals but I do think we will start to stabilise and move up the table, we have had some decent performances under Kewell but he can only pick from what he has.
    If Hewitt is the best option then there really is no hope!
    He is useless & should be released asap

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's true. Shola was useful.
    Let myself in for that one!

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Why haven't you ever mentioned that before?

Quality

Coming from the ****er who is on here 24/7.

Get a life you boring ****!

Will make this my last post.

Coming from the ****er who is on here 24/7.

Get a life you boring ****!

Will make this my last post.
    If I said I was really, really sorry, would you consider staying?

Hewitt is not useless. Although not a great tackler, he can be an effective disrupter of play in midfield. Making challenges that he cannot make at full back for fear of giving away fouls in and around the Nott's box. He covers the pitch well and does the dirty work which many of his teammates do not do. He would sit well with an attacking playmaker alongside him, but not Vaughn or Hussin. Every player in this league needs to be physically capable unless supremely talented. Milsom is about the best we have at present. Square pegs in square holes for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123