+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the Bury fans say about Callum Styles

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Not many owners put their own money in , they usually just add debt onto the clubs accounts and hope to get it back.
    At the pre Christmas Press Conference the owners said what attracted them was the way the club was run financially and was virtually debt free compared to other clubs.
    They've not racked up any debts at OGC Nice, just sold the best players each year to balance the books. Result is a slide down the league and out of European competition.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    At the pre Christmas Press Conference the owners said what attracted them was the way the club was run financially and was virtually debt free compared to other clubs.
    They've not racked up any debts at OGC Nice, just sold the best players each year to balance the books. Result is a slide down the league and out of European competition.
    Sensible way of running a business . I’d rather our football club was run that way. Don’t see the problem personally

I agree. That's why I raised concern abart Goat spending money like Viv Nicholson on young kids when he knows Big Chien will be chasing him to balance the books this season or at the very least by the next financial year covering the £6 million drop in income. If it's a promotion sh1t or bust game they are playing then ask Aston Villa abart that. It took the Blunts six years to get back from the Third Division.

You don’t think GG would be allowed to spend half a million quid without the say so of Lee and Conway’s do you ? They’re just following on from PCs plan in my opinion .

Big Chien and Big Paul will ev set the general parameters of balancing the books over, say, a couple of years. If Goat wants to spend money nar, then, with evvin to catch up on £6 million this season and maybe make up another £6 million next season then Goat ez maxed out his credit card.
    It's what follows maybe by 5-00pm Thursday, maybe next January, maybe next summer that concerns me. Another Oke Koke summer of everybody art and a new (cheaper) lot in is what could happen if we don't go back up immediately--sh1t or bust.
    I take a medium term view. I loved the win on Setdi and for some to suggest I didn't they don't really know me.

I’ve not said anything about you not enjoying us winning on Saturday SB so unsure why you’ve said that. Every fan will have enjoyed that game .
    I reckon they’ve brought in over £2m in transfer fees etc anyway with more to come from Jackson maybe . They’ve cut about the same again from the wage bill I’d guess so they’ll not be too far off . Add to that the healthy bank account anyway and we should be in a good place at the minute without having to sell .

I’ve not said anything about you not enjoying us winning on Saturday SB so unsure why you’ve said that. Every fan will have enjoyed that game .
    I reckon they’ve brought in over £2m in transfer fees etc anyway with more to come from Jackson maybe . They’ve cut about the same again from the wage bill I’d guess so they’ll not be too far off . Add to that the healthy bank account anyway and we should be in a good place at the minute without having to sell .

Yes, thank you Patrick for leaving that legacy.

Your figures may be a touch optimistic ESR but with things being "undisclosed" to fans who is to know the correct position ? I'm guessing that Goat may well be under pressure to sell, now or in the immediate future.
    It wasn't you who sed I wud be narked at us winning on Setdi by the way--a minor issue not worth pursuing.

Which would you say were optimistic out of interest. The money received in or the wages reduced

Which would you say were optimistic out of interest. The money received in or the wages reduced
    Av no idea.

If tha knows the true amount of the "undisclosed" transfer fees please tell us.

If tha knows wot the players are on a week please tell us.

A wo surprised to read Hourihane is on £28,000 a week at Villa and Bree on £14,000 a week. Wozzit really Patrick's fault that they went?

I said I was guessing so obviously I don’t know the exact amount ! You said they were optimistic and I just asked which ones you thought were.

I’ve never said it was PCs fault that anyone left . Players do what they want to do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast