+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another mask study

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Does anyone ken what your legal rights would be to claim back any money given to these Crowdfunding schemes if the money you gave wasn't used for the purpose it was donated? Looks like someone's treated themselves to a £100k Vengabus on the proceeds of this SNP Crowdfunding effort. My guess would be zero but it would still be fraud.
    Most of these pro independence supporters who donated the money would probably do it again if Humza Useless set up a new crowdfunding scheme for another Indyref2 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Most of these pro independence supporters who donated the money would probably do it again if Humza Useless set up a new crowdfunding scheme for another Indyref2 campaign.
    I presume Police Scotland will only be chasing the traceable donations you wonder how much went in buckets at those independence rallies? Mcgarrys is a much clearer case of fraud I'd love to know why they're pursuing her for £200k. Anyone remember the Frank Mcavennie case with the £100k in cash? Or Kevin Keegan?

I presume Police Scotland will only be chasing the traceable donations you wonder how much went in buckets at those independence rallies? Mcgarrys is a much clearer case of fraud I'd love to know why they're pursuing her for £200k. Anyone remember the Frank Mcavennie case with the £100k in cash? Or Kevin Keegan?
    These pro independence supporters must have more money than sense.
    I cannot remember anything about a Frank McAvennie case let alone £100k in cash.

I enclose an article from the BBC website about the Crown trying to reclaim over £195k under the Proceeds of Crime Act concerning the Natalie McGarry case. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65176505

I cannot remember anything about a Frank McAvennie case let alone £100k in cash.
    It's very dismissive of people's opinions describing others consistently as 'these pro independence supporters'.

They have their views, you have yours both are entitled to hold their views without out and out dismissal by the other side. To date neither side has convinced me that they have an overwhelming argument pro or anti.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It's very dismissive of people's opinions describing others consistently as 'these pro independence supporters'.

They have their views, you have yours both are entitled to hold their views without out and out dismissal by the other side. To date neither side has convinced me that they have an overwhelming argument pro or anti.
    100% this, Deeranged. I can't see an answer to the economic side of independence but that does not mean there isn't one. I am also worried that, as has been shown at Westminster, there is a problem that democracy does not guarantee equal treatment. Boris won seats from Labour because he promised to do something for voters who had consistently voted for Labour, and seen their standard of living drop compared with the SE of England. Labour had a similar push to create regional powerhouses but that didn't work either, imo.

We need to get some kind of moral backbone for our politicians. I think they need to spend more time working for us and less time working for the political party they belong to.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    100% this, Deeranged. I can't see an answer to the economic side of independence but that does not mean there isn't one. I am also worried that, as has been shown at Westminster, there is a problem that democracy does not guarantee equal treatment. Boris won seats from Labour because he promised to do something for voters who had consistently voted for Labour, and seen their standard of living drop compared with the SE of England. Labour had a similar push to create regional powerhouses but that didn't work either, imo.

We need to get some kind of moral backbone for our politicians. I think they need to spend more time working for us and less time working for the political party they belong to.
    Problem is that no politician is in it for us - they're in it for the themselves first, party second and if there's anything left the people they represent.

Both the SNP and the Tories are corrupt,the Tories get forgotten about on here as the SNP are the target.
    Anyone caught up in fraud need jailed but our own Scottish government can't be trusted imo as even if caught will probably get off with it.

McAvennie had £200k in cash confiscated after he was caught with it in a suitcase at Dover about to head over the Channel. I remembered it was £100k but now I've Googled it was £200k.

COVID......smaller countries were the absolute worst.......safety in numbers UK for me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)