+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May or moult

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I completely agree.
    Folk (me included) have said Rooney has lost it from seasons gone by.

But he was very reliant on being in the box & feeding off service from Niall McGinn & Jonny Hayes.
    He’s feeding off scraps now.

May will also suffer from the lack of service.
    As would Moult presumably.

We were fairly simplistic in that we got crosses into the box & scores a fair % of them.
    It stands to reason if you’re putting in half the crosses, the strikers will score less.

Maybe Jack Ross will bring in Lewis Morgan
    May had two good crosses yesterday and probably should have scored at least one of them, but if he were that good to be scoring 50% of his chances, he would still be in England. If McGinn wants to come back, I'd take him in January. Wright and GMS can battle for the other side. I also suspect Hayes will want to come back in the summer, but I wouldn't take both of them back.

I wouldn't be averse to Morgan coming either

IMO Rooney hasn’t changed since the day he signed,2 or 3 seasons ago no one said a bad word about him but apart from scoring goals he doesn’t bring much to the team.He never had pace,can’t hold the ball up or create anything for himself.If he was playing every week he would still score 20 goals a season.

I still think we have to see the best of May,every one was concerned that his knee was dodgy and he would be injured half the time yet he has started all 12 games since he signed.McInnes said it would take a while for him to get back to his best because he was out for so long,I think he will start scoring more regularly in time.

If we signed Moult instead of May this thread would probably still exist.From the few Motherwell games I have seen this season that juggernaut Bowman creates a lot of space for him by running defenders ragged,breaking their noses and kicking them off the park.If we signed someone like that he would get sent off more than Stockley did.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Michael Higdon?
    That's the boy, how did he dee when he left Well?
    Suppose I could Google

Perfectly happy with Stevie May.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    That's the boy, how did he dee when he left Well?
    Won player of the year then got in a pissed up brawl the same night. Good lad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123