+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roofe leaving

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Precisely. But there is always the question as to whether he has got it right. We all thought going into last season with a squad that was "middling" at best was "questionable", and look what happened. But he said himself that the squad couldn't deliver the same performance again, and if anything the squad is smaller than last season and with Jansson, Roofe (?), BPF and a whole host of youngsters gone, there's even less flesh on the bones.
    I guess only time will tell and I share your concern that if Roofe goes we do look light up front. BPF personally not too fussed about. Jansson was one of my favourite players but also he wasn’t in the team when we roared out of the blocks.

MB is widely hailed as a genius and last year did the proverbial water into wine trick with quite a few players - not least KP and Klich. I can only have faith that he knows what he is doing and will pull off the same trick with others. I also think Costa could be great but who knows.

We know we will be fit and organised - which hasn’t always been the case in recent seasons and whilst some kids have gone he seems to have earmarked a few to break through.

Whatever happens we will try to play football the right way and it won’t be dull.

Will the last player out of elland road please turn out the lights, our two best players gone, stronger this season.....ha ha ha..... absolute shambles...... Philips next, and then watch bielsa walk, what the hell is going on, I have no faith that this club knows what it's doing, so close last season, couple of good signings and we'd be there, but no, they have to screw it all up.....stuff the lot of them!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Will the last player out of elland road please turn out the lights, our two best players gone, stronger this season.....ha ha ha..... absolute shambles...... Philips next, and then watch bielsa walk, what the hell is going on, I have no faith that this club knows what it's doing, so close last season, couple of good signings and we'd be there, but no, they have to screw it all up.....stuff the lot of them!
    Don't fret, we can watch the remaining players spank Bristol while showcasing our new away strip......oh wait, what remaining players?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Don't fret, we can watch the remaining players spank Bristol while showcasing our new away strip......oh wait, what remaining players?
    I try to look at things as they are and the only thing i can come up with is Belsia was brought to egnite owners pockets by turning good players into better so he can sell them.
    Phillips looking at what is happening would be a fool to stay for much less.
    The club is once again going to be the laughing stock of england.

Absolute garbage management and directorship, firstly letting contracts run down, and secondly after last season where we were light, up front and centre half, then sell the best two we had in those positions, pathetic, irresponsible, premiership......try league one, it's a bloody joke, the whole club is a joke.

Absolute garbage management and directorship, firstly letting contracts run down, and secondly after last season where we were light, up front and centre half, then sell the best two we had in those positions, pathetic, irresponsible, premiership......try league one, it's a bloody joke, the whole club is a joke.
    Madness..total madness!!!!!!

Selling your best players to Brentford and a Belgian team, and Burnley pinching your future stars. Not good is it.

Top six is your target, top two is beyond you.

Correct

Bielsa to leave after 10 games after Leeds have won 3, lost 5 and drawn 2. So 14th or 15th is my prediction.

I'm just desperately hoping that this turns out to be the post everyone reposts and refers back to in early May 2020 just after we get automatic promotion.

They have to have a trick up their sleeves, don't they? Surely? They have to be readying 3 or 4 top signings, each with proven winning Championship pedigree. Surely?

I can see Kent for Roofe being very good business if it happens. But a keeper and a CB - not even a sniff at the moment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)