+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectations for this season?

still not sure to be honest, I think the next few games will tell whether a) we've been found out now and b) if we have whether TC can get the squad to adapt to changing tactics. Optimistic that we'll be top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    A full ER for our home games now will be crucial as all our home games soon coming up have 'toughies' etched on 'em - Blades followed by Derby, Boro, Villa, Budgies & Hull So IF we're still in the auto slots around Christmas and New Year we'll have done well ................... for sure and a full squad is going to be needed as 'yellows' no doubt will get picked up.
    MOT
    Yes with the tough games we've had over the last few weeks against sides around the top 6...and now the run of home games that Mrs O has highlighted...you just can't imagine any club(s) running away from the rest of the field on the ladder. So many can knock each other off. Won't be surprised if only half a dozen points is all that separates the top 6 to 8 clubs at the end. A real scrap every week the way it looks on paper!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

As for Dyche..fair play to him for winning your annual relegation battles..be another good achievement if he wins this seasons as well.

You lot are certainly living the dream aren't ya

I’ll not be the first to admit it’s an annual relegation battle for us, will be for the foreseeable future, which adds credence to what an amazing job Dyche, along with a supportive board, have done for our little club. The rich clubs continue to get richer and clubs such as us struggle to unearth talent for relatively little money. Burnley are well run club, run as a business as opposed to a ‘play toy’ for some filthy rich foreigner. That’s not a knock against you lot, just a general observation.

Yes, we are living the dream, although Dyche will leave eventually, not sure where though, probably not a top end club….he’s English. Maybe the England job?

Another footnote: You lot also had a magician at the helm, Don Revie changing the kit to all white to emulate Real Madrid was a master stroke. We can’t forgive “Butcher Hunter” for crippling Frank Casper though!!

Peace.

Play-offs

I dunno, I'll be gutted if we fade now, so much expectation after the glorious football we've played at times over the first six games, culminating in the Burton 5-0. But since then it's been at best scratchy (Birmingham, Ipswich), disappointing (Cardiff) and ferkin terrible (Millwall). What I desperately want to see on Sunday is an away performance like Forest and Sunderland, where we look strong and controlled and incisive again. Too many times in the last four games we've lacked precision, chosen the wrong option, lost the second ball challenges, and worst of all looked a bit fragile at the back. And on top of that TC has made some strange selection decisions (e.g. for Cardiff, Klich ahead of Vieira, Alioski ahead of Saiz).

So I know I'll be shot down for being negative and a doom merchant but I desperately want to see some evidence on Saturday that the last four games has been the blip, and that the first six was the norm, and not the other way round............

Why what's happening Saturday?

I think we have got a squad that can finish in the top six.

Can't believe though how many negative things I have read across the internet after only losing 2 games out of the 10 we have played in the league. Keep reading "that we have been found out". Both those losses have been away from home against teams we don't fair well against.

We are playing in one of the hardest leagues going, we haven't spent a fortune and in my eyes the club is going in the right direction. Minimum expectation was play-offs from the owner and as long as we get there then I see no problems as he has only just started to build the club up after a very short period in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Why what's happening Saturday?
    obviously meant Sunday, too ferkin late at night, not paying attention (and as I'd put earlier in the post "What I desperately want to see on Sunday".....................)
    Last edited by OldWhiteTaff; 29-09-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Psychologically Saturday is important too points wise -Wolves,Preston,Ipswich & Blunts results come into play before we kick off on Sunday.
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by exilecanada View Post
    Burnley are well run club, run as a business as opposed to a ‘play toy’ for some filthy rich foreigner. That’s not a knock against you lot, just a general observation. Yes, we are living the dream, although Dyche will leave eventually, not sure where though, probably not a top end club….he’s English. Maybe the England job?
    Another footnote: You lot also had a magician at the helm, Don Revie changing the kit to all white to emulate Real Madrid was a master stroke. We can’t forgive “Butcher Hunter” for crippling Frank Casper though!!.
    I dont mind you Burnsley lot actually, and by the way we are also in the middle of possible takeover talks with a 'filthy rich foreigner'. (as you call them)
    And come on, will you stop keep bringing up that tackle which our Norman did to one of your players. The fact that he could have been a butcher rather than a footballer is just pure co-incidence lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)