+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Algorithmic scouting

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Sensible soccer was always sh1te. If you couldn’t score direct from the kick off, there was something wrong with you. The only version I enjoyed was the one when you played with WW1 soldiers & a hand grenade.
    Cannon Fodder? It wasn't WW1.

Nah, there was a version of Sensi Soccer that you could play with hand grenades & fruit. It made the game slightly interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nah, there was a version of Sensi Soccer that you could play with hand grenades & fruit. It made the game slightly interesting
    You are more of an oddball than afc1903mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You are more of an oddball than afc1903mental.
    He would’ve been too busy honing his Rubik’s cube skills at the time. Here’s the version I’m on about, Unsensible Soccer. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/s...n-offs-article

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Yep, Oakland it was.

Apparently Oakland had a shoestring budget (44m) compared to the big hitters..
    As someone who knows their BABIP ('batting average from balls in play') from my VORP ('value over replacement player'), this is right in my wheelhouse. It's called Sabermetrics in Baseball and works mainly because they play so many games (162 regular season) so you have such a large sample size to work with. Doesn't work as well with other sports.

I've ran the numbers for the Dons and this is our perfect signing:-

I think there may be a glitch in the system

The main reasonings behind Moneyball are sound (exploiting market inefficiencies) but the draft they focus on in the book and in the film is widely considered to be a bust. The film also completely ignores the starting pitchers (esp Hudson, Mulder and Zito) who were instrumental in the A's success.

Still a good film tho I suppose. Not as good a Major League, better than Bull Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    As someone who knows their BABIP ('batting average from balls in play') from my VORP ('value over replacement player'), this is right in my wheelhouse. It's called Sabermetrics in Baseball and works mainly because they play so many games (162 regular season) so you have such a large sample size to work with. Doesn't work as well with other sports.

I've ran the numbers for the Dons and this is our perfect signing:-

I think there may be a glitch in the system

The main reasonings behind Moneyball are sound (exploiting market inefficiencies) but the draft they focus on in the book and in the film is widely considered to be a bust. The film also completely ignores the starting pitchers (esp Hudson, Mulder and Zito) who were instrumental in the A's success.

Still a good film tho I suppose. Not as good a Major League, better than Bull Durham.
    What the f*ck is Ratboy doing with his hands there? Using his hands to show how much of a f*ck he gave about being a dons player.

What a c*nt!

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    What the f*ck is Ratboy doing with his hands there? Using his hands to show how much of a f*ck he gave about being a dons player.

What a c*nt!
    I think he's trying to do that nauseating heart sign thing to try and bond with the blue loyal but he hasn't practised it and can't remember which way he is supposed to bend his fingers. What a ****.

Maybe he has crippling arthritis. He wouldn't last two minutes playing Amiga games on a joystick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maybe he has crippling arthritis. He wouldn't last two minutes playing Amiga games on a joystick.
    Speedball or zool on the amiga, he'd be useless.

The high intensity of Summer/winter games or Daley Thomson Decathlon on the C64, he'd need to sit those out. Sit the **** out Ratboy.

What a c*nt tho.

Trying to get all EPL with the fans now he's hit the big time and his wee message to the fans is a bad f*cking oblong communicated via his hands. Utter, utter c*nt.

Speedball 2 was **** hot.

Gunsmoke on the spectrum or Toobin. Cracking.

We should reignite the classic games thread.

Or just use this one.

It's what andoplzcumbak would have wanted.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast