+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Trust me if you like fun, fantastic hospitality, good food and plenty of alcohol you would love what happens in the hours before and after the game.
    Although I would never trust you in a million years, I do indeed like fun, fantastic hospitality, good food and plenty of alcohol. I might well enjoy what happens in the hours before and after the game, but I would rather the main event be something I'd prefer as an alternative to watching the Shopping Channel. Or even worse, Strictly Come Dancing (snigger).

The truth is that we all like what we like, regardless of understanding the tactics. That's all I'm saying.

In that case don't go in the Stadium, plenty of people stay out to tailgate during the game (it's that good!). Only issue is you have to jump on a plane and fly over the Atlantic.

If you still aren't interested, then probably best sticking to having 'fun' growing vegetables and getting cheap drinks in Bendiorm

Different strokes for different folks

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I thought the game last night was excellent. LA Rams got off to a flier, then the Bengals fought back as they frequently do, and then the two defenses showed their talents until Stafford and Kupp came up with winning TD. In truth I wanted Cincinatti to win, given their amazing journey through the play-offs, but LA deserve the credit for 'gettin it done' even after OBJ got injured.

It's been a good NFL season. Even my Raiders got to the play-offs and that doesn't happen often these days!
    I had Bengals moneyline and not with the points which was annoying but all my fault.

It's not been a good season for my Vikings or the NFC North but good to hear that the showpiece finale was a great game for the huge audience that watches it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    In that case don't go in the Stadium, plenty of people stay out to tailgate during the game (it's that good!). Only issue is you have to jump on a plane and fly over the Atlantic.

If you still aren't interested, then probably best sticking to having 'fun' growing vegetables and getting cheap drinks in Bendiorm

Different strokes for different folks

I have loads of fun growing vegetables (my onion seeds have formed a second leaf), never been to Benidorm. I prefer to have fun and enjoy the main event, rather than have fun and avoid it. Counting down the days to Cheltenham.

Why "tailgate" when you can do the real thing?

as a spectacle, i thoroughly enjoy it. not totally au fait with all the rules... If i had to pick one to follow, it would be Carolina, the new kids on the block.

Glad we have such a varied interest.
    The actual match was pretty good. We’ve been blessed this year with a superb post season and some fantastic performances.
    Not a major fan of the hip-hop stuff but the production of the half time show was good. I preferred the Weeknd last year.

Now the close season begins and the rumours begin to fly and solidify.
    I obviously expect Cleveland to win the SB next year!
    Very jealous of those that have had the chance to go to the US and see a game live. We’re saving like mad to go for a long holiday there so I can take in a few Browns games.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Glad we have such a varied interest.
    The actual match was pretty good. We’ve been blessed this year with a superb post season and some fantastic performances.
    Not a major fan of the hip-hop stuff but the production of the half time show was good. I preferred the Weeknd last year.

Now the close season begins and the rumours begin to fly and solidify.
    I obviously expect Cleveland to win the SB next year!
    Very jealous of those that have had the chance to go to the US and see a game live. We’re saving like mad to go for a long holiday there so I can take in a few Browns games.
    Did I read correctly that the cheapest seat at a super bowl final is $4,000 US?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think that's right. Similar to the price charged to leave a match early at Meadow Lane when Steve Thompson was in charge. I paid it!

It was if you purchased in last few weeks. It’s like the World Cup final. You’ve no idea who is going to be in the final and it moves venues each time. Most only dream of going to the SB.
    I’ll make do with a snow ridden game in December!

That's scandalous! I can offer return transport, entry ticket and a couple of beers to the greatest sporting event on earth* for a mere £55 at the Cheltenham Festival next month.

* in my personal opinion of course. We're all different, some may consider the Strictly final as the greatest sporting event on earth.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast