+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wassall will not be appointed Manager

re: Wassall will not be appointed Manager

I'd be very surprised if Wassall isn't given the job if we go up. I'd welcome the news though because, even though he's done a decent job recently, I don't think he has the tactical know how to succeed in the Prem.

If it's a surprise then I'm hoping that it's a manager that's got experience of playing in the continental competitions. I wouldn't mind Rafa in all honesty. Still hoping for Brendan Rodgers though.

Lord Stanley of Collymore seems to think it's Dyche.

I find it utterly inconceivable that Wassall wouldn't be retained if we got promoted, I can't think of an example in sporting history where a manager has been rewarded with the sack like that. The only possible scenario is Wassall saying he's not up for it but what manager would do that?

I find it just as inconceivable that Dyche would get Burnley promoted on a story of not being gifted with the funds that other clubs have and then come to one of the very clubs he harbours that resentment against.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks
    I find it utterly inconceivable that Wassall wouldn't be retained if we got promoted, I can't think of an example in sporting history where a manager has been rewarded with the sack like that. The only possible scenario is Wassall saying he's not up for it but what manager would do that?

I find it just as inconceivable that Dyche would get Burnley promoted on a story of not being gifted with the funds that other clubs have and then come to one of the very clubs he harbours that resentment against.
    I remember a few seasons ago when Ricky Sbragia kept Sunderland up and decided he didn't want to be a manager. Same could happen here?

Roberto Martinez is now available, so I will mention him here to ensure he is ruled out of contention!

If we're following that route, Evans will be out of Leeds' door soon, so consider this a mensch

Forest are said to be looking at Evans. He's about the same size as Andy Reid so could be some truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam
    Forest are said to be looking at Evans. He's about the same size as Andy Reid so could be some truth in it.
    I read that the other day. I didn't think he could become any more unpleasant, but that might just do it!

Marriage made in heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks

Well firstly it wouldn't be a sacking, he was appointed as Interim Head Coach until the end of the season, now he might or might not want to be permanent Head Coach but he was appointed Interim on very clear terms and nothing was said or promises made about what happens IF the club got promoted. In fact he may well have been told that another manager was to be hired but wasn't available until the summer. I'm certain he knows the score

If we do manage promotion after all the ups and downs Mel will know full well to have a chance of staying up will need an expirienced manager, if we were just going up for a jolly and to collect our £100m then possibly wassall COULD be a possibility, for all the years under gse telling us of going up and staying up do you really think Mel would blow it on the wrong manager?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)