+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions??

re: Questions??

Bizarre decisions by football managers are not particularly uncommon but I have to say I am surprised Oliver hasn't been recalled from his loan at Mansfield, and I also think there is little point in Ness being at Crewe as, although he can pass the ball, he seems woefully short of pace and is keeping others out of the midfield who I believe would do a better job. Turton has been doing well in midfield but seems to be filling in at right back although Baillie didn't appear to have done much wrong when he played. That said, I am sure each one of us could point to something in any squad or team that we think could be better.

AlsO Timmy we are also relying on Ageing Directors who have no interest but to sell players in 60 seconds and also get there final pay day? Thats why they love the Academy and sod the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs
    It is worth debating that you are wrong supercrewe.

He was out a month ago with flu. 2 weeks later we were told he needed a weeks training under his belt, and last home game most people saw him walking about with Luke Murphy.

No injury. A month of flu - defo debate in that
    I think you missed the point, IMO Tootle is no miss. Never thought he was all that prior to been left out on Tuesday for me Bailie looks better !

No academy... no Crewe Alexandra. Simples! That is the only way we exist. Attendances don't cover the costs of keeping us afloat. It is all about selling players on. Sad fact of life, I am afraid.

As for Toots. Whether we rate him or we don't, why has it taken him so long to come back from this illness? Are we not being told something?

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick
    No academy... no Crewe Alexandra. Simples! That is the only way we exist. Attendances don't cover the costs of keeping us afloat. It is all about selling players on. Sad fact of life, I am afraid.

As for Toots. Whether we rate him or we don't, why has it taken him so long to come back from this illness? Are we not being told something?
    Who has mentioned ditching the academy or even downgrading it on this thread? The main questions seem to revolve around the almost pathetic way SD is going about his job. I wonder if the board are coming to the same conclusion?

Chopping and changing the team the whole time. Signing players who are no good or are cup tied and we just started to get a settled defence with Tate controlling things and helping the midfield etc etc. Most fans have supported Steve but if we are still bottom at Christmas, I think maybe its time for a change.

The point has not been answered in that the standard o

Someone's rattled Mike's cage. :-D

All debateable points, but the ethos of the club, and the way that we manage the finances is to bring as many players through the Academy as possible, rather than buy.

My personal feeling is that this should remain our raison d'etre; and Cat 2 means a much more enjoyable experience watching U18s and U21s/Development Squad, all as seeing some 'stars of the future' at an age and level where we can afford them.

I will be the red rag! It wouldn't happen in the next couple of seasons. Maybe not even 10 seasons. But be aware, it would happen. The game is very different now to what it was even when Dario joined us. The money in the game is ridiculous and we cannot compete with those who have money, so we have to be self funding and the Academy is the way we do that. And we have to trust that the people running the Academy know what they are doing.

There is a Free Academy out there with no costs called the 2nd Div and Conference and Other none league teams Loads of them! All you need is a Decent Scout, the club would save thousands, Easy you see where did we get Pogba frm! And many before we had Academy .Its only run for the Directors quick quids in pocket.

With respect, I think that is rubbish. Yes, if we sell players I am sure certain people on the board do benefit, but picking players up from lower leagues is clearly not as easy as it sounds. If they are good they are touted round to the highest bidder, and if they are not, do we want them?

There are so many questions, where do you begin? Steve has said earlier in the season that he's quite prepared to change players and formations from game to game, so it's no wonder he can appear to be a 'tinkerman'.

I think it'll help having Haber available for a consistent run; there shouldn't be any Canada games until the February friendlies. Steve was unlucky that Brandy wasn't available yesterday, as well as in earlier games during his loan. Haynes must've shown something, somewhere, some time, that was never apparent in actual games. Waters' early-season form has deserted him, and he's trying too hard to get it back. Cooper and Saunders need protection from playing too many games. Whoever Steve gets in up front, on loan, has to dovetail with Haber, and Inman, primarily, with the youngsters playing cameo roles.

The Tootle thing is becoming a mystery. Steve I suppose is trying to protect Baillie by playing Turton, but I don't think that's helping Turton, or the team, as he has bee

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast