+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's performnce

re: Tonight's performnce

I might come across as contradicting my self here but Paulo's first post is spot on, much better performance and I was at real low after the Norwich game despite other peoples views.

Also, apart from the Hughes / Bryson comments in Lincoln's post it is also pretty spot on... It also pee's me off with this it will come alright attitude and we will win our next games.. We have been poor and other teams have helped us by imploding at certain points...
    The nail on nail on head point is the pace we play at though... We are far too slow at times...

Still can't understand why steve is picking Christie ahead of Shotton..
    Fozzie was shocking last night bar one cross..

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleywolf
    You played ok tonight, which just makes it sweeter !

As you can tell by my , im near and know a lot of wolfers and b4 you know it you will be the same old pessimistic moaning minnis as you normally are even when your do doing ok , so tmrw you prob be grumpy poos again ...lol.

[quote="Rapid"]Keep those rose tinted glasses on! Jeez!!! This run has been coming. How many weeks have we been lucky to escape dropping down the table cos of other team's failure to win. Now we're not being so lucky. There's been too much of this 'it'll all come good' attitude this season and this attitude that all we have to do is play the games and enjoy the Premier next year.
    The defence didn't play well tonight...again.
    Forsyth didn't play well...again. Christie didn't play well...again And Grant didn't play well...again. Ince hit the post and not much else. Bent got brought down and not much else. Lingard did very little. Russell was hardly seen on the ball. Hughesy looked slow and sluggish as did Brys. We played slow and tedious football for the majority of the first half and only started to pick up the pace after we went down one nil. When we did speed up we were suddenly causing them big p

Quote Originally Posted by paulo570
    Ok, we lost...again
    I was much happier losing tonight than gaining an undeserved point at norwich or losing to boro or fulham where we were rubbish.
    Other than a self destruct moment from grant ...I thought we played well...I know that is strange to say when you have lost..but given a proper ref decision in the first half and we would have been playing 10 men...
    Changes for me..Forsyth, poor delivery, ince..quite ineffective again...plusses, Dawkins, holds it and passes so well...deserves a start for me.
    A break now..then 7 wins on the bounce with a full squad...who knows.

7 on the bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by yamyamram
    Not necessarily the higher teams. Look how many points we have lost/dropped against lower teams.
    Some say we'll be ok because of our last few games against lower teams. I'm beginning to doubt that just now!
    Thats my point this year ... yes I agree with Rob that last year we didnt have it in the bigh games. Four wins out of 16 in the top 9.

This year its a more mixed bag but the teams we have struggled against do seem to be raising. Its a weaker leage but we've lost the consitency against the lower teams so periods like this are having a much more dramatic effect.

The slow but steady improvement Rush was trying to short cut by bringing in MacClaren. But often in football even with money there are no quick fixes.

It is my strong belief that what we are now seeing is not only that progression "as a club" halt but wee are in decline. Thats very worrying.

Rob ill update the spreadsheet and post it soon as I get a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Not necessarily the higher teams. Look how many points we have lost/dropped against lower teams.
    Some say we'll be ok because of our last few games against lower teams. I'm beginning to doubt that just now!
    Thats my point this year ... yes I agree with Rob that last year we didnt have it in the bigh games. Four wins out of 16 in the top 9.

This year its a more mixed bag but the teams we have struggled against do seem to be raising. Its a weaker leage but we've lost the consitency against the lower teams so periods like this are having a much more dramatic effect.

The slow but steady improvement Rush was trying to short cut by bringing in MacClaren. But often in football even with money there are no quick fixes.

It is my strong belief that what we are now seeing is not only that progression "as a club" halt but wee are in decline. Thats very worrying.

Rob ill update the spreads

Why don't you include win ratios, point per game and league position from the Clough and maclaren eras on your spreadsheet? Or don't you like the truth?

Calm down dears!
    I thought we played well going forward against Wolves but again, we've conceded 2 goals and (unluckily to a degree) scored none.
    As we aren't now scoring 3 per game, due to obvious absentees, the focus is on the midfield screen and especially on the defence / GK.
    When under pressure, we just aren't good enough at the back. Simple as that. Who does think we look secure????
    Our excellent defensive stats are to my mind resulting from our high possession game and pressing Midfield / Forward play. Not the defense itself. Old adage, best form of defence is attack!
    Yes, luck has played a part and we haven't had complete balance over the last half a dozen games (though Ruddy's gaff and a couple of penalty shouts against us waved away do stick in the mind).
    But in my view, we need Martin (or Thorne to a lesser extent) to return bringing with them a rise of morale and confidence we can respond to goals against. Couple that with the impression I get that the management team sti

[quote="dam617"]Keep those rose tinted glasses on! Jeez!!! This run has been coming. How many weeks have we been lucky to escape dropping down the table cos of other team's failure to win. Now we're not being so lucky. There's been too much of this 'it'll all come good' attitude this season and this attitude that all we have to do is play the games and enjoy the Premier next year.
    Forsyth didn't play well...again. Christie didn't play well...again And Grant didn't play well...again. Ince hit the post and not much else. Bent got brought down and not much else. Lingard did very little. Russell was hardly seen on the ball. Hughesy looked slow and sluggish as did Brys. We played slow and tedious football for the majority of the first half and only started to pick up the pace after we went down one nil. When we did

[quote="Rapid"]Keep those rose tinted glasses on! Jeez!!! This run has been coming. How many weeks have we been lucky to escape dropping down the table cos of other team's failure to win. Now we're not being so lucky. There's been too much of this 'it'll all come good' attitude this season and this attitude that all we have to do is play the games and enjoy the Premier next year.
    Forsyth didn't play well...again. Christie didn't play well...again And Grant didn't play well...again. Ince hit the post and not much else. Bent got brought down and not much else. Lingard did very little. Russell was hardly seen on the ball. Hughesy looked slow and sluggish as did Brys. We played slow and tedious football for the majority of the first half and only started to pick up the pac

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)