+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We can't meet Andres demands

He's a good player, but 100,000 a week is ridiculous. He needs to be at a club like Burnley. He won't get much sympathy at a club like Newcastle or West Ham if he doesn't bang in the goals when he's on those wages. We know what his strengths are and how to use him. If he stays with us he could be looking at 15 goals next season, but at West Ham... I doubt he'd start more than 15 games.

He's got a poor first touch, and will struggle in a team that plays slow possession football and likes to pretend they are Barcelona playing tiki-taka.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Think Liverpool has said he isn't going to anyone
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...sheyi-10712631

However for Andre - this says Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are weighing up a move, while West Ham remain keen.

https://westhamworld.co.uk/west-ham-...ey-break-down/
    West Ham ready to bid £15m for Andre
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...llion-10722164
    So we should get £20m then!

If he goes who the heck are we getting then to replace him???

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    I think unless you're spending in excess of £30m, it's always going to be a risk, because strikers who can score 20 goals in the PL are going to command a huge fee.

This is where scouts earn their corn - finding a hidden gem like Vardy, seeing the potential and playing him in a system that works.

I was going on about Sotiriou of Apoel Nicosia, who won Cyprus Player of the Year and has scored at international level. Only 24. However, he was snapped up by FC Copenhagen for only €2.3m a couple of months ago. Burnley seemed to be showing a similar intent with players like Grosicki and Defour, but we don't seem to have the knack of finding younger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    How about Chris wood - top scorer in championship with 29 goals?
    Britt Assombolonga has been suggested.

He wants £100k a week says the Star and we can't afford that
    Bye Andre?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...clusive-Gossip

Based on a 40 week year isn't that round about 444,000 pounds a goal based on his returns?

A couple of those would be penalties.

We know some players get more than that--but they also bring into the club immense wealth based on shirt sales with that players number and name and increased gate returns--plus all the extra goals they will score in European competition and Cup games.

I would rather be paying this kind of wage to a known and prolific goal scorer. Andre isn't that.

He is exactly the type of player who will leave Burnley and disappear into mediocrity.

blueheeler1, I think you are spot on. If he was to go to some big club where expectations are far higher and the fans less forgiving I don't think he would get a look in as a regular striker. That means he will sit on the bench until the his new employer unloads him in a couple of years time. Its a regular situation in the premier league. He may get 3 years on good money and then I think he may well be done as a player competing at the top level as all his faults will have been exposed for all to see!

Our fans are forgiving? Not on here they aren't.

For what it's worth, I think Gray will go on to have a good career as a PL striker. Everton or Spurs is probably too big a step for him at this stage, but he'd do a good job for someone like West Ham or Newcastle.

How about Chris wood - top scorer in championship with 29 goals?
    Britt Assombolonga has been suggested.
    Did you see Chris Wood playing for NZ in the Confederations Cup?

He looked OK, but missed some howlers.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsinmay View Post
    Did you see Chris Wood playing for NZ in the Confederations Cup?

He looked OK, but missed some howlers.
    Woods would be a step backwards IMO

We need pace and power with an eye for goal , assombalonga probably nearest to what we want but still a risk.

Gray is a good footballer with weaknesses in his game, my worry would be can he irradicate them as from what I ve seen this year maybe not. Ie trap a bag of sand springs to mind

However I posted all season that I was behind him because I really don't believe Dyche exploited his attributes correctly, he got poor service with balls to his chest etc and nothing in the channels where he really needed it.

So the verdicts out really, I have a feeling he could do much better than he did for us if they build around what he needs, he could also fail miserably if they don't buy into him at first chance.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)