+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Losing mentality

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I will appoint myself as adjudicator on this topic because although I didn't go I am a doctor and was fast tracked through RGS( facts irrefutably confirmed by Nogginthenogbadlad)

I didn't get where I am today by being proud of failing Alevels..

Warney should not be proud of a team of losers...He should be proud when we start winning.

That!.is my final decision..He should not be proud.
    your a highly respected intellectual poster mr K
    can you define a losing mentality please. not a copy n paste like most on here would use but your own word.

Whether the team has a losing mentality or not, it is an irrefutable fact that we have not won away for 28 games and in fact we have actually lost most of them.
    It will be interesting to see what happens when they do eventually manage to win away (Portsmouth anyone?). Will it be the springboard to a period of improving results on the road or will it just be a blip that tells us nothing?
    I hope it's not too long before we find out.

I can give you all the psycho babble in the book but it's my opinion that you won't get anywhere praising failure and that is what we continue to do. I could forgive a lot in the championship as we were outgunned and outmatched, this season we have played 3 games away from home and lost all 3. I think our players are going onto the pitch knowing that losing is acceptable as long as they haven't done too badly and that the manager has their backs even if they lose. We have the players who are capable of doing well in this league but we need to shake this mentality off and quickly. Hopefully our form at home will continue to improve which will in turn help the players away.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I can give you all the psycho babble in the book but it's my opinion that you won't get anywhere praising failure and that is what we continue to do. I could forgive a lot in the championship as we were outgunned and outmatched, this season we have played 3 games away from home and lost all 3. I think our players are going onto the pitch knowing that losing is acceptable as long as they haven't done too badly and that the manager has their backs even if they lose. We have the players who are capable of doing well in this league but we need to shake this mentality off and quickly. Hopefully our form at home will continue to improve which will in turn help the players away.
    Obviously Warney could tell the players that if they make stupid mistakes, they will be dropped.... except he won't do that for Ajayi and O'Donnell, because the alternatives are far worse.... still a few days left to transfer deadline day though - it's not too late to sort out the problem! If we can't improve on away form we're looking at a bottom half finish.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-08-2017 at 09:54 PM.

So basically Tony. You think the players are switching on and off the "loosing mentality"?
    When we are at home everything is Rosie and we win. then we go away and players go. "Fkit, if I play ok warne will still love me"
    I suppose you also think there's such thing as good and bad luck...

Regards warne praising the squad. After Wednesday what different would you have liked him to say.?

Would you like him to name players who were crap? Obv he can't do that as non of them were.

Would you like him to say the players need to work harder?
    NA can't go down that route as the players gave everything....

Ow right you want him to say.
    "We need to loose this loosing mentality even though it's only away from home".
    I Imagine MM going into meltdown after Stubbs type interview

Sorry for using the forbidden word 🤐

I agree with you that you can't praise failure. But slating the players would have the opposite effect..
    a lot of our squad are young players trying to learn and better themselves. Even hard-nosed managers like Warnock/evans didn't slate young players. He would target the older players who he knew could handle it..

My advise to warne would continue to be positive and results will come. Start slating players and we will go back to what we had 12 month ago.

Tbh Warney needs to calm down with bigging some players up, no Proctor/Ball don't look like they've been training with Barca 🙄
    I can see why he thinks he needs to with Proctor (his fav) but he should know our fans will make their own minds up which is always an interesting debate 😂

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So basically Tony. You think the players are switching on and off the "loosing mentality"?
    When we are at home everything is Rosie and we win. then we go away and players go. "Fkit, if I play ok warne will still love me"
    I suppose you also think there's such thing as good and bad luck...

Regards warne praising the squad. After Wednesday what different would you have liked him to say.?

Would you like him to name players who were crap? Obv he can't do that as non of them were.

Would you like him to say the players need to work harder?
    NA can't go down that route as the players gave everything....

Ow right you want him to say.
    "We need to loose this loosing mentality even though it's only away from home".
    I Imagine MM going into meltdown after Stubbs type interview

Sorry for using the forbidden word ��

I agree with you that you can't praise failure. But slating the players would have the opposite effect..
    a lot of our squad are young players trying to learn and better themselves. Even hard-nosed managers like Warnock/evans didn't slate young players. He would target the older players who he knew could handle it..

My advise to warne would continue to be positive and results will come. Start slating players and we will go back to what we had 12 month ago.
    I never said I want Warne to slate the players. I listened to Warnes latest interview with Rob Staton and if you didn't know the results you would have thought that we had won all of our 6 games. The truth is that we have been on the wrong end of 4 of the 6 games we have played and that certainly doesn't match with the ambition that the chairman laid out. I accept that we are more entertaining than last year but you can't get away from the fact that so far there have been more disappointing results than positive ones.

Link to interview.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05d52fh

I'm sorry John. I usually agree with most of what you post but the comments about the interview are just not true.
    The interviewer comments within 8 seconds we were out of the cup and warne says the same within a minute of the 5 plus minute interview. There's no disputing we have lost 4 of the 6 games but we're going on a bit of a tangent from your original post...
    All I've got from several replys in this thread are frustration. Were all annoyed/frustrated/disappointed were still without a win away from home even though we have played a lot better.. but doesn't it highlight how far off the pace we were last season..
    most millers who were realistic said this season is about stability. Finish mid table would be a good building block..
    Those who thought we would finish top 6 will be suicidal come crimbo..

Try to keep your chin up mate. Be positive. Balance will be restored

Today's game is massive in terms of confidence for everyone connected with the club.
    Another defeat and it starts to look bad a win and we roll onto the week after full of confidence.
    Still too early to start panicking imo but I agree we need to start winning away.
    I can see both sides of the argument with Warne interview after the games.

No I won't be suicidal come crimbo over football

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast