+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now That's What You Call A Work In Progress

Beaten by a better team last night, with the assistance of a Davies cockup and a penalty that never was (imho).
    Hedges looked the best attacking option- only one who looked like he wanted to run at the defence, other players appeared to be more interested in passing back or across the face of a well organised defence.
    Ugbo looked decent but needs a competent attacking midfielder to supply the killer through-ball.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No point singling out individual players for criticism , I'm sure we all know that mistakes like that are unlikely to win you many games in the championship .

We have some nice players , some very good technical ability , bring it down , knock it off , a bit of this and a bit of that .

It's very early days for this group and you have to factor that in , inconsistency was always going to surround us , buy young lads and that's what you get until they start to find their feet .

What I will say is this , we looked well short of leaders out there tonight for these young lads to gain a bit of direction from , I'm not talking of captain's but personalities , hopefully that will come as the season progresses .

Just a word to young McCarthy , at 0-3 down at home let's not be helping opposition players up after they have hit the turf .

I'm not suggesting stamp on his head but ffs leave the fecker on the floor please , too nice young man , hopefully you will learn .

Hard to say how it will go going forward this season to be honest , some things tonight were good and other things made me think it will be tight staying in the league .
    Ugbo was no better at Preston

its not rocket science we are getting marked out with just 1 up front.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123