+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: o/t white South African farmers....

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    In the past colonisation was done by guns and force, now invasions are more subtle via immigration and the drip drip drip propaganda of the twittersphere telling people how they should think and react.
    Did you see the recent Panama documentary 'White Fright'? It looked at the increasing problem of Asian /white integration in Northern towns in particular and totally recognises the scale of the problem. Have you read Louise Casey's 2015 report on how badly integration has been handled in these towns since the increase in Asian immigration here in the 1950s? And her ideas on how we need to act now. No meaningful attempts at integration from the town councils, no government leadership and here we are.

Clearly we need an end to all faith schools and structured integration of the different cultures at school level. Cos kids can rise above this paranoid crap and digging of heels on both sides. The problem isn't going to go away, we can't turn the clock back; we're all here and living in the same towns. If the parents and grown ups can't integrate, bloomin make it happen from legislation as it's only going to get worse if left.

Unless you've any other suggestions for practical solutions?? If so, let's hear em?!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Did you see the recent Panama documentary 'White Fright'? It looked at the increasing problem of Asian /white integration in Northern towns in particular and totally recognises the scale of the problem. Have you read Louise Casey's 2015 report on how badly integration has been handled in these towns since the increase in Asian immigration here in the 1950s? And her ideas on how we need to act now. No meaningful attempts at integration from the town councils, no government leadership and here we are.

Clearly we need an end to all faith schools and structured integration of the different cultures at school level. Cos kids can rise above this paranoid crap and digging of heels on both sides. The problem isn't going to go away, we can't turn the clock back; we're all here and living in the same towns. If the parents and grown ups can't integrate, bloomin make it happen from legislation as it's only going to get worse if left.

Unless you've any other suggestions for practical solutions?? If so, let's hear em?!

Since we won the league 1 playoffs our net migration numbers have seen about a 1 million increase in population, a lot of those would have joined the communities you mentioned. So there’s one obvious change to make isn’t there.

Personally I think matters will only get worse until we admit that multiculturalism doesn’t work. When we admit to that then we can try and fix the problem. Also we have to find away to give folks their free speech back, let’s find out what folks really think without them being hounded in the media as being racist or any other “ist”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Since we won the league 1 playoffs our net migration numbers have seen about a 1 million increase in population, a lot of those would have joined the communities you mentioned. So there’s one obvious change to make isn’t there.

Personally I think matters will only get worse until we admit that multiculturalism doesn’t work. When we admit to that then we can try and fix the problem. Also we have to find away to give folks their free speech back, let’s find out what folks really think without them being hounded in the media as being racist or any other “ist”
    I think the point is that simply stopping immigration won't be the only answer to the problem these towns face. I think we're all agreed that there needs to be greater migration controls, who says that it's racist to suggest such things.

But then, having done that, what do we do about the two isolated communities that have been allowed, through poor/non existent management of the integration? The UK created the problem, we encouraged the mass immigration in the 50s that set up the communities and we have failed to manage the integration. So what are we going to do about it now? Moaning about the past, and why it happened won't help us. And simply trying to point at recent immigrants, in the last few years is practically irrelevant - I remember the communities growing in isolation back when I was a nipper in the 70s in Masboro and Eastwood, it was well underway even then.

The problem (and no it ain't racist to admit there's a big problem with this segregation) won't go away on it's own.

So, having accepted the need for both managed migration AND integration management of any migration that is allowed, what do you propose to do about the problem that you identify, that WE have created in the last 60 years?

I understand the argument that multicultural doesn't work - from an outsider perspective in many Northern towns, it certainly doesn't look that way, or feel that way if you live there. But I live in a multicultural society here in East London and can see for myself that it can work; the problem is how do you create the conditions for it to work? And that goes to the heart of how we resolve the problems in the Northern towns doesn't it. Simply arguing that multiculturism doesn't work prevents the integration of the cultures, nobody on either side, white or Asian will make an effort - is that what you want?

Or, to look at it your way - if we agree that we can't make things better until we admit multi-culturism doesn't work, what do we do then, with some towns having two split communities, neither of which wants to meet the other? Where do we go from there?

Re: free speech, I welcome the discussion of this problem, recognition of it as a problem and a honest discussion about how we solve this. The Casey report totally identifies the problem and says it is getting worse and all signs are that the government won't act on it as it is "too hot". I agree that the government and all councils need to step up to this problem and look at practical solutions and all perspectives should be welcomed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123