+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Season - Players that could benefit the Millers

Jack Hobbs. Released by Forest. 29 years old, came through at Liverpool, big strong lad with years of Championship experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Procter is a 10 goal a season striker

in 7 years of playing first team football Procter has scored over 10 goals in 2 seasons.

at a lot lower level than the championship.

if he is our main hope with record than we are down

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Clayton Donaldson could do a job for the millers in the championship and provide experience and know how .

The 70 minutes role or coming off the bench , just released by the blunts and available on a free .
    Donaldson 34 years of age, Warne wants to build a young squad, I think Sheff U only gave him a 1 year contract, we don't want another Blackstock saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Donaldson 34 years of age, Warne wants to build a young squad, I think Sheff U only gave him a 1 year contract, we don't want another Blackstock saga.
    That's ok if they are good enough, if we do go into the Championship next season we will need at least 6 players to give us a chance & 6 good young players good enough for the Championship we can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Well I understand that and fair enough but Donaldson isn't Blackstock and will give everything for his team based on what I've seen of the lad over the years .

Should you be succesful next weekend then all you are looking to do is to avoid the bottom 3 , nothing more .

You won't do it entirely with young players on the budget you have in my opinion .

it's all about staying in the championship.

we are going to need some old heads in the team it can't be all youth.

david vaughan midfielder been released by forest Welsh international championship experience.

ugly as anything should of been in the goonies.

you know his chat up like is im a footballer

also were are we going to get these young championship standard players from??

we aren't exactly known for churning them out or spotting them.

also aren't every championship club going to be after young quality players aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    it's all about staying in the championship.

we are going to need some old heads in the team it can't be all youth.
    Well all I can say and looking at it retrospectively as I follow a club who invested £8m in the younger market , a spend with all due respect that isn't likely to be followed by your club and what I've seen of RUFC you will require some older seen it and done championship players with a good season still left in them .

Three or four max , the championship isn't a learn on the job league to say the least .

I only speak as I find and I don't mean and disrespect what so ever but your current squad is way way off the pace at championship level .

Some experience would give you a fair shout at staying up as oppose to getting eaten alive with younger players and the realistic budget you will be operating under .

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    in 7 years of playing first team football Procter has scored over 10 goals in 2 seasons.

at a lot lower level than the championship.

if he is our main hope with record than we are down
    Cardiff just won automatic promotion and their top scorer only got 10 whereas only 2 of the top dozen scorers in the Championship will be playing in the Premiership next season (assuming no change of clubs etc.) So it's not all about goal scoring, its about getting a good balance in all areas of play and as stated in experience v youth. No doubt in the fact that what little we have to spend has to be spent wisely and even then we'll need a massive slice of luck and team spirit to survive. Depending on what happens in 7 days it could all be moot anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast