+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Andy Cole

We went to the training ground in durham and took my brothers young un . Asking the players to get a quick photo with him i said " Andy , any chance of a quick photo with the laddie ?" to which his snotty reply was " My name is ANDREW" .. yeah whatever .
    Keegan was great that day , had a bit banter and he dragged the reluctant superstars out the changing room to sign autographs and pose for pics.

Also what we forget is that as well as getting £6 million for Cole we also got Keith Gillespie who must have been much under rated, price wise, by Ferguson and Manure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity;38849882

I remember leaving some matches confused, thinking that it looked like Cole wasn't really trying but telling meself 'nah, that couldn't be the case, must be something else'. When he went it started to make sense.

Was gutted when he left but it's funny how little things can stick in your mind and affect you in a much bigger way than maybe they should. Seeing him sing that song at Wembley calling Keegan a sad Geordie b....(Yeah, I know my language is shocking but I'm not finishing [I
    that[/I] phrase ) means that whenever I hear/see him on radio/tv I think 'aahh, Andy Cole, happy days....what a fucking wanker.
    Once I got over the shock of him leaving I started to despise him. I think it was more the Man Utd thing that got me in a frenzy more than anything, because I double despised them as much as I loved an ice cream with 2 flakes, monkey's blood and hundreds and thousands on in a hard cornet, plus a tub of ice cream and wafers handed to the ice cream man from me mother, plus easter eggs and selection boxes and a topping of school day chocolate cake and pink or white custard after having a lovely beefburger bun and onions, chips and beans.
    It went one better when he came out with the " oh, my name is Andrew Cole"....I thought, " frigging hell he's went all upmarket and a society class above in his mind."

Yeah, talk about mixed emotions.
    If I had to take Andy Cole back to mt childhood after him leaving, I think I'd have bought a packet of toffo's with some stolen money and flung singular toffo's at his head from a high bridge vantage point that we were always told never to play on but at least I'd get the satisfaction of hitting him with the toffo's and then maybe wondering why he was under that bridge.

I'd likely be that mad that I'd even contemplate slinging a few toffo's at him even if I had bought them with my own meagre pocket money.....I think.

I've never understood that actually - he was always Andy Cole to me and yet he then decided he was Andrew Cole.

Hated him when he went to our biggest rivals. Arrogant bugger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)