+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: J Rod

We have a guy called Bong, we have a half Spaniard with a deep Burnley accent who tells him straight up "Your breath stinks" (happens in Burnley all the time).

If the FA had anything better than the brain cells of a mentally retarded, undeveloped amoeba they would have just said, "Lost in translation" but no linstead, let's play the BAME blame game? Bonkers!

Why should Jay let it drop when Bong has been reported saying this

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1615...as_apologised/

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Why should Jay let it drop when Bong has been reported saying this

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/1615...as_apologised/
    Because it’s a classic case of one thing being said and (maybe) another thing being heard. He will not be able prove anything unless Bong confesses and will waste a lot of time money and mental effort. It was a stupid thing to say and do whether or not he used the word black. He’s better to let it fade from memory than keep it in the public eye for two more years and pay handsomely for the privilege.

OC --I know that that will be the case, however, in view of Bong's statement to the local press in which he insists that Jay made a racist remark, he has not accepted the decision of not proven and he has further implicated that Jay is a racist.
    What was just banter after Bong was in Jay's face has been turned into a case of alleged racism. I played at semi-pro level and remarks and actions like "your breath stinks" and plenty of other stuff were and still are things which are part of the game.

Bong has said that Jay has apologised for what Jay says he said and did. Fair enough, however, Bong is still insisting that he said something racist. No wonder the lawyers will be rubbing their hands. Bong should have the decency to accept the verdict and apologise for the fact that he may have misheard the remark ----I will lay odds on that he does not do this.

Great to see JRod score the winner against the Muncs ..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    OC --I know that that will be the case, however, in view of Bong's statement to the local press in which he insists that Jay made a racist remark, he has not accepted the decision of not proven and he has further implicated that Jay is a racist.
    What was just banter after Bong was in Jay's face has been turned into a case of alleged racism. I played at semi-pro level and remarks and actions like "your breath stinks" and plenty of other stuff were and still are things which are part of the game.

Bong has said that Jay has apologised for what Jay says he said and did. Fair enough, however, Bong is still insisting that he said something racist. No wonder the lawyers will be rubbing their hands. Bong should have the decency to accept the verdict and apologise for the fact that he may have misheard the remark ----I will lay odds on that he does not do this.
    That would be ideal, it’s a bit like the WW1 chain message.send reinforcements were off to France became send 3 and 4 pence were off to a dance. I think the lawyers will be advising them to have a cup of tea and move on unless they are short of money.

Good to see him score and keep WBAs feint hopes alive.

He played very well today and it was good to see him score the winner.
    All he needs now is an apology and the job's a good 'un ----unfortunately, we know that it won't happen because racism is only a one way street!

He needs his hair cutting, since he's been down on the coast and in the midlands he's let himself go, he used to be a nice clean cut looking lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    He needs his hair cutting, since he's been down on the coast and in the midlands he's let himself go, he used to be a nice clean cut looking lad.
    Bloody hell Alto, you sound just like my dearly, departed gran...

"he used to be a nice clean cut looking lad".

A good Footballer, but obviously been in the company of slap dashers to make him look as he does, I prefer him looking well groomed as he was when with us instead of looking like a shaggy dog who's been deserted on the street.

Your Gran sounds just like my Mum used to, honest, decent and knows what is best

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)