+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    For what it’s worth I was shocked at how easy it was first half- you were supposed to be the streetwise and experienced team, but we played through you at will.

Is Nolan all he’s cracked up to be? He’s surrounded himself with old stagers but I didn’t see anything over two legs to suggest he’s some kind of shining star of the future
    He made a sub at half time that meant we absolutely dominated and got the game back to 2-2 before refereeing decisions made the game 3-1. There wasn't much more he could do after that and you got a 4th with us throwing everyone forward... Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Jesus wept. Gloater is still here, gloating?!?

Okay we admit it. Robins is better than Guardiola. Coventry play the most amazing pure football ever. We can all learn so much from your amazing unbiased football insights. And if Coventry could enter a team in the 2018 World Cup then Brazil would be quaking in their Capirinhas.

Now will you **** off please?
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Jesus wept. Gloater is still here, gloating?!?

Okay we admit it. Robins is better than Guardiola. Coventry play the most amazing pure football ever. We can all learn so much from your amazing unbiased football insights. And if Coventry could enter a team in the 2018 World Cup then Brazil would be quaking in their Capirinhas.

Now will you **** off please?
    Sorry but I think his view is reasonable, we have been one dimensional and predictable and by the time KN realsises we're ****ed, were are royally ****ed.

Had he set us up in the first half the way we came out in the second, it could have been different and we were the home team so wtf not!

**** this, I'm going back to Russia..........

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Sorry but I think his view is reasonable, we have been one dimensional and predictable and by the time KN realsises we're ****ed, were are royally ****ed.

Had he set us up in the first half the way we came out in the second, it could have been different and we were the home team so wtf not!
    To me, the jury's still out on KN. The football's not pretty, but then I think the squad is limited as is his transfer kitty.

IMO, overall he's done enormously well to get Notts to the playoffs - isn't this his first full season in management?

I'd love to see us kick on from this and build a really strong squad for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    **** this, I'm going back to Russia..........
    Last edited by SolSigns; 19-05-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He made a sub at half time that meant we absolutely dominated and got the game back to 2-2 before refereeing decisions made the game 3-1. There wasn't much more he could do after that and you got a 4th with us throwing everyone forward... Congrats.
    Completely agree. Nolan had the tactics spot on. I sit behind dugout - he was telling the players to not lose their heads before half time when we were 2-0 down. The goal just before half time was a bonus. The way I saw it he always planned to go on the assault in the second half as he knew o'conner was coming on. We completely dominated the first 20 mins of the second half, and had the decisions gone our way at 2-2 we would seriously be booking hotels at Wembley right now. We all know full well at 2-2 we would have aced that game..... they were on the ropes, their fans were quiet and knew it, but a perfectly good goal was ruled out. Just watched it now on sky tv.....wtf. It reminded me of the sol cambell effort for England. It was a goal.

Lets not get on Nolan's back for that - how can he expect to cater for the inadequacies of our system of refferering at this level. We need to get rid of part time refs once and for all.

For what it’s worth I was shocked at how easy it was first half- you were supposed to be the streetwise and experienced team, but we played through you at will.

Is Nolan all he’s cracked up to be? He’s surrounded himself with old stagers but I didn’t see anything over two legs to suggest he’s some kind of shining star of the future
    Look at it this way. You have some quality players for this level - McNulty, Bayliss, Shipley, etc. would walk into most L2 teams - and were rightly considered one of the favourites for promotion. Notts, on the other hand, have very little quality - would any of our players get in your first team? I doubt it. And yet despite this, we finished above you in the league and had a better goal difference. So yeah, I would say Nolan is all he's cracked up to be.

Ifs, buts, maybes, excuses

There are some good points on here- yeah I’m a CCFC fan but I’m no gloater, I’m a football fan in general and I’m astounded you can’t see how your brand of one dimensional football does you no favours. You’re being found out- Robins took a look at you and had us set up perfectly, and we just made you look like a pub team at times.

You can bang on about decisions all you like but I’d suggest you look at yout shortcomings and realise that your gameplan and style is never gonna get you promoted with the players you have. I’ve seen people like Boothroyd, Russell Slade etc at Cov, I know what it’s like. The days of the Crazy Gang are long gone, looks to me like you’re trying to recreate it, and if that goes wrong, well it’s corrupt officials.

You deserve way better than what you got served up to you tonight
    Not a gloater, but very patronising. Coventry finished below Notts playing football as 'God' made it to be played (or so their fans would have us believe) after a season. They progressed because of two shocking decisions and a borderline one. Coventry are very similar to Notts, living on their past. What have they done since that Notts' boy, Kilcline finished being their Captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Nolan said we just didn't handle the occasion. I would agree as we showed in the 20 min spell after half time that we can play. I'd never deny they're the better footballing side, but we had them rattled and I'd have definitely fancied us to win at 2-2.
    How many times has he said that. The football was once again rubbish and at the end of the day that is down to him. The fact that we had a good goal disallowed and they scored an off side goal is no reason for excuses. We were second throuout best and could have been 4 down before half time.

Ifs, buts, maybes, excuses

There are some good points on here- yeah I’m a CCFC fan but I’m no gloater.
    You are without doubt a gloater. You start a post on here saying "hard luck" then proceed to tell us that you play stylish, quality football and we are a shyte long ball team. You completely fail to acknowledge that our style of football gained more points than your style of football over the season, and despite looking the better side you only 'won' last night because the officials gave you three goals start.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast