+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team For Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Problem with our midfield is the lack of someone who can actually put a tackle in - forget ford and Williams and Newell is a ***** .
    That's the spirit!

Williams has been a problem to the opposition in just about every game in the latter part of the season, and he has not had much protection from the referees. His final pass or finishing shot has often been wayward, but he's caused enough chaos to create space for our other players to cash in. Can't see Warney leaving him out of the starting eleven, so I hope that Williams has got his shooting boots on for Wembley.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-05-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Once again Ronners we're thinking along the same lines.

Ball must play as support to Smith. The latter did much better in the second Scunny game but needs help in the wide open spaces of Wembley. Forde although not my favourite player should replace the not-as-fast-as-he-thinks-he-is Williams. This would allow Josh to make more overlaps and speed into the Shrews box. On the other side of the pitch I'd play Purrington instead of Mattock. Whalley is their most dangerous all round player and it's imperative he's snuffed out asap.

Towell gets a place but he needs to up his game. He's been quite sloppy recently as indeed have the team in general. Time after time we're giving the ball away with flicks to nobody in the hope we'll get lucky. We have to earn our luck by controlling the ball and utilizing the space Scunny were kind enough to give us, especially in the second leg.

Warne put his faith in Iekwe and was badly let down. The thought of Wood going off and leaving Ike and Semi alone together is not one to go to bed on. The Shrews have a well martialled defence and finished 9 points clear of us but with needless errors eradicated we're their equals on the day. Having said that, if it goes to pens we're in for a sad and grumpy journey home.
    Yeah zilzal we seem to be on a similar wavelength on what team we would like, ragingpup thinks we don't need ball at side of smith as the midfield get forward to help him, but certainly against s****horpe in the home leg, we left smith totally isolated IMO.

If we start with the same formation of 4-5-1 I fear we could leave smith isolated again and Shrewsbury would then pick us off. I personally think we have better players than shrewsbury, but they have a better team, if that makes sense?

Let's hope our big players all turn up on the day , because if they do we will go very close. We have scored twice every time we have been to Wembley so let's at least keep that going

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123