+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Sinking Quite A Few Beers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    so you finish middle of march.... get down the doctor an go on the sick , bad back, depression, etc etc , they cannot disprove them.
    " Dio Mio "

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    One of our most respected posters loses his job & you take the opportunity to get your anti brexit dig in
    How is that in any way helpful?
    just what i thought

so you finish middle of march.... get down the doctor an go on the sick , bad back, depression, etc etc , they cannot disprove them.
    You are encouraging a man who is wanting employment to join the idle lying scroungers I think you are totally out of order it's no wonder the country is fkd

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    You are encouraging a man who is wanting employment to join the idle lying scroungers I think you are totally out of order it's no wonder the country is fkd
    Unfortunately that's very true Dools , too many takers not wanting to give owt , ennyrooard it's not abart Politics this thread , it's about Animal's livelyhood,
    Respect that

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Unfortunately that's very true Dools , too many takers not wanting to give owt , ennyrooard it's not abart Politics this thread , it's about Animal's livelyhood,
    Respect that
    I do Roma and I hope he gets employment ASAP and it wasn't supposed to be politically inclined but idle scroungers just get my back up and milking the system I'm glad I'm retired not by choice but by ill health and manage best I can

That's not the life for me thanks , worked all my life with my head up and paid my way .

Thank you everyone for your kind words and bits of advice .

Much appreciated .

Well now my colleagues and myself have had time to digest yesterday's news the mood has changed significantly .

I can't name my company but one or too do know on here anyway because quite a few people don't yet know and are overseas or sick and I wouldn't want them to find out on social media out of respect to them .

It's not a happy camp and now the inquest has begun .

In the two years I've worked at the company it didn't take long to figure out our sector was the runt of the litter so to speak .

Compared to our other operations , food and funeral care for instance are the best examples we have we never received the same marketing as those two by a long way .

No TV adverts , no digital advertising not even a mention in our supermarkets , kin zilch .

We aren't even on the first page of google if you type in electrical retailers , which isn't great for an online company and within a huge billion pound operation behind it .

All these concerns were raised at various management / operations forums , repeatedly in fact given the minutes of these forums I've read tonight .

Ideas were put to management who were then tasked with following that up with the big guys in Manchester , all of which fell on deaf ears .

The website itself wasn't great in this day and age and that was raised too , lots of times .

Just bear in mind we are not in an industry that's had its day , people need washing machines , freezers , fridges , tv's etc and always will till the end of time .

Another issue raised was why we didn't offer PC's , laptops and tablets , indeed why not in this age especially when young people can be attracted who then also buy other things they need , a huge mistake I feel even if the profit margin wasn't too hot , you need to appeal to all age groups in this day and age .

We feel let down and the first sign of a slow down they've thrown us under the bus .

Not even tried to have a rethink on strategy or looked to scale down a little , many of the long service lads would have taken the severance if offered and we could possibly have lived to fight on .

It may have proved to be in vain but now we will never know will we .

It's also come to light that the website is often closed down for periods because we haven't the sub contractors to deliver the goods and they didn't want customers let down and unhappy .

Why wasn't that addressed when you are clearly turning revenue down , it's clown trousers logic to me .

I'm fairly positive Amazon don't pursue this practice .

The company have a great workforce who pull together , our bosses don't sit behind desks when we are under the cosh , they come out and get stuck in with us and that gets our respect , the culture is fantastic .

This isn't right but there is nothing we can do , they haven't even tried to sell it as a going concern , nothing even ventured according to the pack we received yesterday .

They've thrown us under a bus at level 10 when in fact level 2 is the time to shut the place down .

Definitely not sitting right with myself and colleagues I can tell you .

As ever the big wigs in Manchester will no doubt be redeployed in other sectors of the business .

We on the other hand face an uncertain future .

Then again when was it any different .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 06-02-2019 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINDERSCOUT View Post
    Very sorry to hear that animal. I fear that if and when Brexit happens it will effect many people especially in towns like Barnsley. I hope you get fixed up soon.

Best wishes
    I'll take your post on kinder .

Everyone of our competitors buys their machines , appliances and what have from the same EU countries we do , there's nobody else to buy them from .

Consumers want name brands they know and can trust .

The only difference is that our major online competitor doesn't make money off the machines , they sell them at cost and make money off the warranty package .

Personally I would prefer to make profit off the machines because every one sold makes you money , not everyone is attracted to the five year warranty s , it's risky in my opinion .

We've fallen today but they may not be too far behind either .

That said there's one less company in the market so I guess they will grab a slice of our demise just like we did when Comet went to the wall .

The thing is , if this strongest man takes all narrative continues the consumer won't have a choice one day because someone is going to stand alone .

They'll be able to then charge us what they want and you will either buy one from whoever , get something second hand or do without .

Membership of the EU within that scenario is neither here nor there .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well now my colleagues and myself have had time to digest yesterday's news the mood has changed significantly .

I can't name my company but one or too do know on here anyway because quite a few people don't yet know and are overseas or sick and I wouldn't want them to find out on social media out of respect to them .

It's not a happy camp and now the inquest has begun .

In the two years I've worked at the company it didn't take long to figure out our sector was the runt of the litter so to speak .

Compared to our other operations , food and funeral care for instance are the best examples we have we never received the same marketing as those two by a long way .

No TV adverts , no digital advertising not even a mention in our supermarkets , kin zilch .

We aren't even on the first page of google if you type in electrical retailers , which isn't great for an online company and within a huge billion pound operation behind it .

All these concerns were raised at various management / operations forums , repeatedly in fact given the minutes of these forums I've read tonight .

Ideas were put to management who were then tasked with following that up with the big guys in Manchester , all of which fell on deaf ears .

The website itself wasn't great in this day and age and that was raised too , lots of times .

Just bear in mind we are not in an industry that's had its day , people need washing machines , freezers , fridges , tv's etc and always will till the end of time .

Another issue raised was why we didn't offer PC's , laptops and tablets , indeed why not in this age especially when young people can be attracted who then also buy other things they need , a huge mistake I feel even if the profit margin wasn't too hot , you need to appeal to all age groups in this day and age .

We feel let down and the first sign of a slow down they've thrown us under the bus .

Not even tried to have a rethink on strategy or looked to scale down a little , many of the long service lads would have taken the severance if offered and we could possibly have lived to fight on .

It may have proved to be in vain but now we will never know will we .

It's also come to light that the website is often closed down for periods because we haven't the sub contractors to deliver the goods and they didn't want customers let down and unhappy .

Why wasn't that addressed when you are clearly turning revenue down , it's clown trousers logic to me .

I'm fairly positive Amazon don't pursue this practice .

The company have a great workforce who pull together , our bosses don't sit behind desks when we are under the cosh , they come out and get stuck in with us and that gets our respect , the culture is fantastic .

This isn't right but there is nothing we can do , they haven't even tried to sell it as a going concern , nothing even ventured according to the pack we received yesterday .

They've thrown us under a bus at level 10 when in fact level 2 is the time to shut the place down .

Definitely not sitting right with myself and colleagues I can tell you .

As ever the big wigs in Manchester will no doubt be redeployed in other sectors of the business .

We on the other hand face an uncertain future .

Then again when was it any different .

I happen to know a bit about your company mate, and they did the same with the Pharmacy arm a few years back. This was sold to Well.
    I also know there’s redundancies in the Manchester offices too. The Food sector has already seen large closures/sell offs to “One stop” Petrol station forecourt shops closing and others too , not directly Brexit, but a result of competition brought in by Aldi and Lidl no doubt. In areas where this happens there will undoubtably be closures of competitors, and as you predict in your sector, the prices will go. The low price, low cost model of these two supermarkets will drive prices up eventually, in the long term
    I also heard via the grapevine that the Pharmacy arm is to be re-Launched. Strange that.

As if to underline your point, as much as I know about your firm, I didn’t even know they had an electrical business!.
    I was looking for a dishwasher today, YES The Old one broke and I’m a Posh tw@t that hates standing at the sink, .......((Well if you’ve owned one you’ll know how that feels, and if you’ve never owned one then think of the heartache you’ve missed when it breaks....!,,)).. And I googled loads and never came up with anything related to your firm......kinda highlights what you say about their Marketing

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast