+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor Old Schofield

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I’ve never even considered that some would class this as unsporting!
    Really makes you laugh doesn't it? How dare that player catch our goalkeeper out and score a goal against us?
    I think some people are still living in the Edwardian age. Perhaps their player should have shouted (whilst twiddling his big moustache) "I say, Custodian of the Notts net! I am waiting behind you, and should you put the ball down then we'll have a jolly old foot-race to see who gets there first! May the best man win, but I must warn you that should I get there first then I shall kick the ball into the unguarded net. So tally-ho old fellow, let's sally forth!"

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Really makes you laugh doesn't it? How dare that player catch our goalkeeper out and score a goal against us?
    I think some people are still living in the Edwardian age. Perhaps their player should have shouted (whilst twiddling his big moustache) "I say, Custodian of the Notts net! I am waiting behind you, and should you put the ball down then we'll have a jolly old foot-race to see who gets there first! May the best man win, but I must warn you that should I get there first then I shall kick the ball into the unguarded net. So tally-ho old fellow, let's sally forth!"
    Ahahah!

... spiffing wheeze, old boy!

Anyone remember Jimmy Glass? Collin was probably just following an old Carlisle tradition. Thankfully it didn't work for him!

More unsporting behaviour - tut tut what is the world coming to?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...keeper-blunder

But that one is just like the one Dion Dublin scored against Shay Given. The attacker didn't unduly delay, he was just trotting back as normal and the keeper threw the ball under his nose. Schofield was ambushed by a guy who had no business hanging around for half a minute in our goal, making sure he was out of the keeper's peripheral vision. Yes, Schofield should have checked. Yes, it's within the rules, but I'm glad that there are at least a few on here that still have an idea of what sportsmanship should mean.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    More unsporting behaviour - tut tut what is the world coming to?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...keeper-blunder
    It wasn't the same at all, surely you can see that? He wasn't hiding in the goal, he was just running back normally and spotted his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    He hid in the goal, didn't he? I have never seen anything like it. It's unsporting behaviour, in the same sense scoring from a throw-in after the ball has been kicked out of play for an injury is. It might not be explicitly against the rules, but it's stooping a bit low in my opinion.
    Nonsense, he used his brain unlike our keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    But that one is just like the one Dion Dublin scored against Shay Given. The attacker didn't unduly delay, he was just trotting back as normal and the keeper threw the ball under his nose. Schofield was ambushed by a guy who had no business hanging around for half a minute in our goal, making sure he was out of the keeper's peripheral vision. Yes, Schofield should have checked. Yes, it's within the rules, but I'm glad that there are at least a few on here that still have an idea of what sportsmanship should mean.
    i remember the joke at the time. Shay Given is the only Irishman who didn't know where Dublin was.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    i remember the joke at the time. Shay Given is the only Irishman who didn't know where Dublin was.
    I never heard that one. Never too late for a really good line!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast