Ah the Pendle Folk they were often much better than the main artist. Roger was a teacher and I think it's inherent that they expect quiet when they're speaking!!! I've no memory of Paul Simon but Ralph McTell gave us a rendition of 'Streets of London' not long after he wrote it - a magical moment.The Pendle Folk did an album back in the day and I managed to get a link to it from googling
Roger Westbrook. Had a lovely half hour at work in the school office that morning listening to the old songs. They don't make 'em like that any more. Good grief I'm beginning to sound like my old granny!!
Good days sinkov. I had a school friend lived on Peel Park Avenue and we used to watch the whippet racing on Peel Park. It's all long gone of course and houses now built on there. End of an era.
My Dad was a Scotsman and loved to go watching Stanley. He was very proud of the fact that the entire team at one point was made up of 11 Scotsmen.I just managed to watch one game with him before they went out of business.