+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Come on Emma!

Congrats to Emma - A star is born

Cheered me up know end that has.
    Well done Emma, an amazing performance.

Cheered me up No End.

Before the spelling police come a knocking!

brilliant!

Brilliant performance, and one of the more memorable sporting moments in my lifetime. I've always admired guts and determination as much as natural ability, but this girl is the full package. To go from a mere qualifier to a champion is the stuff of dreams, and now it's a case of who comes second in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year. I thought Fernandez was very gracious in defeat, and both of them did their sport proud. We would normally be applauding a plucky loser, but for once we have a real winner.

Just fricking WOW!

Well done Emma, what a talent and loved the way she sang along to Sweet Caroline. I thought Fernandez was an incredibly bad sport, when complaining about the stoppage for Emma to receive treatment, I also found her comments to the crowd very sickly right at the end, obviously hoping for their support in further tournaments. Once again well done Emma. It will be good to see the fans cheering her on at Wimbledon next year from Radacanu Ridge,

Fantastic, wow does that woman have an amazing future. MBE no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Brilliant performance, and one of the more memorable sporting moments in my lifetime. I've always admired guts and determination as much as natural ability, but this girl is the full package. To go from a mere qualifier to a champion is the stuff of dreams, and now it's a case of who comes second in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year. I thought Fernandez was very gracious in defeat, and both of them did their sport proud. We would normally be applauding a plucky loser, but for once we have a real winner.
    I said the same thing to my wife about the sports personality of the year, mind you I wonder how long it will be before our press start knocking her, they don't like winners. She is brilliant.

Nothing much to add that hasn't already been said. An intense, exhilarating, entertaining match worthy of any final as the quality throughout from both players was fantastic.

Deserved winner of both sets based on number of break point opportunities alone.

Felt sorry for Fernandez As the timing of the cut was very unfortunate for her on break point when she had the momentum but right for Emma to receive treatment which worked to her advantage. Overall her opponent can't complain and she didn't as Emma was just too good.

Excellent post match from both, classy.

I can confirm that she celebrated with 5 middle aged men (her team and Tim Henman) with a private meal afterwards. How very English and fitting for Emma. She clearly has a head screwed on.

To win without losing a set is a stunning achievement.
    To win as a qualifier, simply incredible, the first to do it ever says it all.
    To win with a rare ace was the perfect way to finish the match.
    To think 3 years ago she was winning her first ITF senior competition in Turkey , the first rung of the ladder as a ****ager. Still a ****ager she wins a major.

What a star.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast