+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings v Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Can't agree about Slocombe's positioning for their first, I saw repeated TV replays in Lawton's Bar at half time and it was a great finish curled inches inside the far post. If he was any further that way he would have left a big gap on his near post. I'd have to see their second again before commenting. It was hit with some power, and my initial reaction was that it was another great finish.
    What about your overall ratings Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    What about your overall ratings Elite?
    Here you go:

Slocombe 6 - Unless the replays show him to be at fault for their second, I don't think he did a lot wrong.
    Brindley 5.5 - not up to his usual high standard defensively or going forward.
    Baldwin 6 - I thought he did ok, don't really get the criticism.
    Cameron 5.5 - some good forward bursts, but didn't look comfortable defending.
    Nemane 6 - he was our only threat early on, and his defending was adequate considering he's really a winger.
    Palmer 6 - probably the pick of the midfield even though not at his best.
    JOB 5 - can't fault his effort, but as many poor passes as good ones.
    Rodrigues 5.5 - Couldn't get involved past the halfway line first half, improved a bit in the second. Set pieces again poor.
    Chicksen 5 - I feel for him, because he's a defender trying to play wing back.
    Mitchell 5.5 - he did put himself about a bit, but got no sort of service.
    Langstaff 8* - maybe a generous mark considering he was barely in the game for an hour, but that wasn't his fault. An alert poacher's goal for his first, and the ability to lose his markers and bury the second. Denied a hat trick when Fitzsimons saved with his legs and didn't seem to know much about it. Early days, but this lad looks a real find.

Austin 7 - added that bit of spark when he came on, another who looks a promising signing.
    Scott 7 - first time we've seen him on the pitch with Langstaff, looking forward to seeing more.
    Bajrami 7 - an extra mark for that block. That must have hurt!

Here you go:

Slocombe 6 - Unless the replays show him to be at fault for their second, I don't think he did a lot wrong.
    Nemane 6 - he was our only threat early on, and his defending was adequate considering he's really a winger.
    Rodrigues 5.5 - Couldn't get involved past the halfway line first half, improved a bit in the second. Set pieces again poor.
    Langstaff 8* - maybe a generous mark considering he was barely in the game for an hour, but that wasn't his fault. An alert poacher's goal for his first, and the ability to lose his markers and bury the second. Denied a hat trick when Fitzsimons saved with his legs and didn't seem to know much about it. Early days, but this lad looks a real find.

Austin 7 - added that bit of spark when he came on, another who looks a promising signing.
    Scott 7 - first time we've seen him on the pitch with Langstaff, looking forward to seeing more.
    I would agree with these.

Brindley concerns me really. Seems to easily get knocked off the ball sometimes.

Can't understand the criticism of Palmer - not at his best but still always available.

Really like the look of Langstaff. The fact that he wasn't in the game at all but then could have had 4 gives great hope. When he scored the hat-trick v Cambridge, it was a friendly on a really hot day but it was clear he is hungry for goals. Think LW is playing it right with Scott. It is obvious he wants them together but no point in pushing him back too early. I think we did that previously with Roberts.

A mention for LW, his substitutions should not be overlooked.

Refereeing does concern me, the pull on Langstaff's shirt in the first half was at least as bad as when Mitchell gave the penalty away v BW. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Really like the look of Langstaff. The fact that he wasn't in the game at all but then could have had 4 gives great hope.
    I forgot to mention his attitude, which I place a good deal of emphasis on. Loved the way he was trying to rouse an unusually quiet Kop after his first goal. It did the trick, the support after that was way better.

Here you go:

I was going to do my player ratings but i'd say Elites view of the players is very accurate

Someone’s gotta tell Ruben that he’s got to get his free kicks on target first and foremost.

We were dire for the first fifty minutes. No apparent plan, slow, lethargic and second best by a mile, thank heavens for the subs and Langstaff. If, as is mentioned on other posts, LW has been appointed to continue in the same vein and playing style as IB (and with a team used to that style) then I didn't see anything across the defence or midfield that offers any encouragement for this season. We have to be leading the pack to get promotion and we are nowhere near that.

Here you go:

These are definitely a fairer reflection in my view than some of the 2/10s etc being bandied about. Get that there’ll always be different opinions but it feels like in some cases the ratings may as well be written before the game due to the preconceived opinions about certain players (Slocombe, O’Brien, Mitchell and - weirdly - Baldwin). Blaming Slocombe for their opener is absolutely laughable!

For me the broader issue is that other than bringing in a goal scorer (fair play), it’s hard to see where we are stronger currently than we were last season, in terms of set-up, style or personnel. We are crying out for a CM to partner Palmer and at least one wing back (if TAR is apparently being written off without even playing a game). Goalkeeper is an issue but personally I would stick with Slocombe unless we unearth a gem on loan like Patterson which is unlikely.

Our back three are all excellent footballers rather than outright defenders which means on occasions like yesterday they can be out-muscled. Personally I would have Bajrami starting and move Brindley to RWB, if we’re insisting on maintaining the back 3 - but it’s pretty clear the personnel we have is much more geared up to a back four currently. 4-2-3-1 would solve the wing back issue as Brindley and Chicksen are both good full backs, and enable us to get all of our better players on the pitch.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-08-2022 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    These are definitely a fairer reflection in my view than some of the 2/10s etc being banded about. Get that there’ll always be different opinions but it feels like in some cases the ratings may as well be written before the game due to the preconceived opinions about certain players (Slocombe, O’Brien, Mitchell and - weirdly - Baldwin).
    We all have our favourite players, but I always try really hard to base my match ratings entirely on what I see at the match. No matter how good or bad they've been before, every player starts with a clean slate.

As conclusive proof of this, I once made David Vaughan my MOM!

We all have our favourite players, but I always try really hard to base my match ratings entirely on what I see at the match. No matter how good or bad they've been before, every player starts with a clean slate.

As conclusive proof of this, I once made David Vaughan my MOM!
    If I haven't seen a game then I do take more note of your ratings than others, who often, so obviously have already decided before the game for some players.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast