+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leaderless and rudderless

I rewatched the game. It was painful

However, i will say that Firpo really was not bad. Ayling and kristenson were ok as well. Wober was obviosly hurt pretty bad and gutted it out kudos to him

Harrison was beyond awful. Hes checked out have to move on from him

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I rewatched the game. It was painful

However, i will say that Firpo really was not bad. Ayling and kristenson were ok as well. Wober was obviosly hurt pretty bad and gutted it out kudos to him

Harrison was beyond awful. Hes checked out have to move on from him
    The goal came from his side right? Time after time wober was covering for him in the first half even though was injured and Firpo precisely plodded back. I can't name any decent forward moves from him or decent passes to gnonto out wide.
    He is a total spud plodding around collecting his pay check.

Wober going off was huge as rather than a straight replacement for him we shuffled the back 4.

Firpo was not at fault for the goal, Koch stood off him no doubt thinking he was going to cross, Meslier was getting ready for the ball in the middle and Coleman ….

He has only scored 2 prem goals both against Leeds - pretty sure you give that chance another 50 times and he doesn’t score.

It was a bizarre goal (we have had a few this season).

We weee just shocking with the ball yesterday which is strange.

Home v Southampton is huge but have faith we will put in a much better showing.

Saw some footage of the away end booing the players at the end - some looked quite shocked so maybe that will be the kick some need.

Surely something has to give if we get beat as supporters have been forgiving so far. I just fear this weekend we might be in the news for all the wrong reasons once again.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Surely something has to give if we get beat as supporters have been forgiving so far. I just fear this weekend we might be in the news for all the wrong reasons once again.
    I doubt it Oz.

In times gone by the kind of incompetence and poor performance have seen lately would have generated real anger amongst the supporters, not sure there is still that much fire left in the belly for most.

Been supporting the club since I was 9, I'm 67 next and for the first time in all that time, I can't get angry like that any more. The constant resorting to cowboy owners (no pun intended), the thrashing around for some kind of "totem" to hang on to as a sign of hope for the better things to come, the inevitable disappointment when reality comes crashing in, the realisation that we're no longer a "big club" no matter how many support us, the desolation brought on by the prospect of not just being relegated, but having the club decline as players with any potential depart for pastures new (and greener), All these things and more have ground down that stubborn "We are Leeds and we know you hate us" fire, and when (as opposed to if) we get relegated I suspect that ER will be much less crowded, and there won't be a need for "redevelopment" as supporters give up the ghost and they also depart for pastures new.

I hope the players (and it is primarily they who bear the responsibility for where we are, no-one else, you don't suddenly "get bad") feel as low as the supporters, although I suspect not (Did you see Gnonto have a good old giggle with one of the Everton players after Saturdays match? Days gone by there would have been blood on the pitch!).

I saw gnonto he was totally stupid caring on like a crying baby. He was saying how fluke that dude's goal was and so on.
    Better off concentrating on his own game and the rest of the team, not oppo players.

To me it looked like Willy was trying to wind up Seamus, as he didn't look like he was laughing as they parted... watch again at end..
    You see what you want to see I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    To me it looked like Willy was trying to wind up Seamus, as he didn't look like he was laughing as they parted... watch again at end..
    You see what you want to see I guess...

Laughing and smiling at any point in time, and for however long, with the guy who may well have consigned us to the Championship isn't what I would have expected, no matter what the intention. Imagine Hunter, or Bremner is similar situation, like I said, blood would have flowed.

Not that it really matters and it’s possible that we had a different or extended stream shown here in any case, but I too was initially confused as to why Gnonto was seeming to be smiling with Coleman but it was soon apparent that it wasn’t a “friendly” exchange between like-minded chums.

That said, and the kerfuffle between McNeill and Adams aside, there didn’t seem to be much in the way of grit or passion shown in a game that may ultimately cost us dearly this season.

It’s not always best to live in “interesting” times and it’s possible that we’re missing more than just a leader and a rudder.

Football can be like that, but there’s always the next game, eh?

Yes Orgs to me it was easy to identify Willie was being "intelligent" in not looking like he was on a wind up, as opposed to clearly showing our TV audience (and the ref and them lot in VAR and the FA) what he was up to by "smiling" ....Norman and co didn't play in a time when cameras were on you from every angle, close up, its why most players cover their mouth when talking on the pitch.... a different game now, a bad tackle that was often meted out with a "smile" as you held out your hand to the opposition isn't possible these days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)