+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixture list friday

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yea he's to blame that four years of progress was undone by a dodgy keeper, signed under Ross btw who seemed happy with it at the time....

Ogrens been a good owner overall but the keeper situation should have been sorted in January, you don't just rip everything up due to one shyter of a season, let's change owner after every poor season? Daft.
    He's to blame for not investing in January. Granted, The Big Man put us in the dire financial situation we found ourselves in at the time, but any owner with his clubs best interests at heart would've dipped into his pockets to save the club at that particular time. He didn't and we were relegated.

I'm past it now. The whole Asghar Revolution Sports experiment has been exposed and flushed.

We can only focus on the future we all want for DUFC. I think we will take a great support to Arbroath for that 1st game of the season and we should all be focusing on one thing game by game. Three points.

Uninspiring and depressing fixture list.

Max 7k at Tanny, zero atmosphere, ****e football. No derbies all season (unless you count the smokies)

If I dont see a squad I think is built to challenge for promotion, Im not going or renewing my online intl pass either.

General sense of sadness tbh.

If....i pull myself out of that, Id say Aug/Sept are crucial as Oct sees 3 out of 4 away.

We will know by mid October if we are going to see progress or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Yea he's to blame that four years of progress was undone by a dodgy keeper, signed under Ross btw who seemed happy with it at the time....

Ogrens been a good owner overall but the keeper situation should have been sorted in January, you don't just rip everything up due to one shyter of a season, let's change owner after every poor season? Daft.
    That logic doesnt hold up over a season. Every club makes bad signings but you get the opportunity to correct them within transfer windows. Birghiti playing under Ross didnt relegate us, Birighiti playing almost an entire season because we chose to gamble in January rather than take the route everyone knew we should is what relegated us. Thats on the Ogren, it happened on his watch and is completely unforgivable to me.

You say 4 years of progress but our finances are horrendous, you can blame covid but up until a couple of weeks ago we had 135 employees.... all on Ogrens watch. This club is an utter basket case now and we are on a fast track to admin unless he goes and someone who understands football takes over

Only one person can put us in admin and if they did that they'd be kissing goodbye to ever getting money back. Highly unlikely I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's to blame for not investing in January. Granted, The Big Man put us in the dire financial situation we found ourselves in at the time, but any owner with his clubs best interests at heart would've dipped into his pockets to save the club at that particular time. He didn't and we were relegated.
    Yeah, the decision to tighten the purse strings and not sign any players in January was the owners and, as I understand it, he took steps to ensure no money was spent.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Only one person can put us in admin and if they did that they'd be kissing goodbye to ever getting money back. Highly unlikely I'd say.
    If he still thinks he's gonna make money then we are definitely in the wrong hands

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    he's going to have to keep making the decision to keep investing, thus increasing our debt to him which hes starting to realise hes very unlikely to get back, so does he keep increasing or write it off, the odds are more stacked on him losing his investment in us that ever getting it back, never mind make a profit

I agree. Thought at the time he was making a mistake thinking there was profit in us.

Was there not a proposed buy out of around £11 million on the table last year...that will be down to around £6 million in the Championship...for MO to recoup as much money as possible, he needs us in the Premier league and he needs us to be in a sellable position with youth players coming through and some sellable assets. He is at a stage now where he needs to decide whether or not to gamble and spend a bit more to try and get more money back or if he should take the hit and sell up the club. I reckon he will stick around if we get off to a decent start...failing that...then he will pull the wheels up and be offski!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)