+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings vs Tranny

The markings from everyone are very similar and we as fans are on a similar page
    Observations from me are
    Bostock best performance in a Notts shirt for many a year
    Crowley reminds me more of Ray Houghton rather than Messi tbh he’s probably a thought ahead of Nemane
    Nemane’s main attribute is his pace and so has to play the one two more as he did at the start to expose the full back in a foot race and give Crowley an easier pass,also he needs to run at the full back more as he did that eventually led to the 2nd goal
    For some reason still seems to suffer with confidence
    Rawlinson very good game for him but still exposed for his lack of pace Number 7 for them had him on toast for last 20 of first half
    All in all though a 8/10 performance and excellent to watch

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    With regards to the MOM award I think that the club itself should have some kind of input into it.
    I was in the 1862 near the group that made Didsy MOM, they were a nice bunch & they paid the cash to be able to call it, MAYBE they just dont watch football but felt that it was worth sponsoring, nothing against that but it should not have been Didsy, it was JB by a country mile.
    The club itself ought to take that decision away from this kind of sponsorship as I dont think its a true reflection of the match, its happened many times before & it just devalues the award.
    I'm absolutely sure the players know who is MOM each week.
    I used to laugh my tits off when Jon Stead used to get it most weeks because he was the most well known player we had. Yet he was mostly a sad reflection of the mediocre striker he once was.
    Let the Sponsors make their choice they pay for the privilege.
    It doesn't really matter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Stone 7 - difficult to rate because he didn't have a serious save to make, but did what he had to do well.
    Rawlinson 7 - looks good on the right side of a back 3, great to see him score the winner.
    Brindley 7 - switching him to the centre was an inspired move, he looks so much better.
    Cameron 7.5 - impressive today both defending and going forward.
    Nemane 7 - scared them in the first half, but a bit mixed in the second.
    Palmer 7 - does what Palmer does. Always available and keeps us moving.
    Bostock 9* - A majestic display. Didn't waste a pass and won the ball back regularly. Today Bostock looked like a Premiership player dropped into a League 2 match. Head and shoulders above any other player on the pitch, a travesty he didn't get MOM.
    Jones 7.5 - classy, provided some quality crosses that deserved a better end product.
    Crowley 7 - always composed on the ball, some good creative moments.
    Langstaff 7 - everything but a goal, and he should probably have had a couple. He was still in the right place and his work ethic can't be faulted.
    McGoldrick 7.5 - showed more of what he offers. Great finish for our first and could have had more.

Subs 6.5 - all did their job. Hope Scott's injury is a minor one.

An impressive performance today, the scoreline really didn't do us justice. Another brilliant attendance, the thought of us getting over 10,000 for a home game against Tranmere would have been unthinkable last time we were here.
    Total agree with the ratings.
    A good all round game from all players

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Only thing I’d mention in addition to what’s said above is Stone did make one outstanding save; he got a fingertip to their shot that hit the bar, it was in otherwise.
    Yep, I didn't realise he got a touch until watching the highlights.

Crowley certainly seems to be involved in the moves that have resulted in goals against Grimsby, Doncaster and Tranmere.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I used to laugh my tits off when Jon Stead used to get it most weeks because he was the most well known player we had. Yet he was mostly a sad reflection of the mediocre striker he once was.
    We've found common ground

At times yesterday I just sat with a smile on my face as Tranmere chased shadows.
    Bostock was just two levels above everyone else and the rest of our team were a level above Tranmere.
    I really like Crowley. His first thought is to face forwards and be attack minded. Without the ball he’s a grafter that isn’t afraid of a tackle.
    I thought Didsy was also class. His goal reminded me of a Lee Hughes special.
    Also, over 10k on a BH weekend.
    What a great time to be a Notts fan.

Bostock really was sensational yesterday.

When he first joined the club everyone could see his class, but there was something different back in January.....then, when the play broke down and the ball became loose, he was consistently being beaten to it by the opponent. What some (me included) didn't fully account for was that he'd last played football the season before. There was a half year gap between playing for Donny and us. So what looked like a slower, older player was an illusion - it was just a matter of match sharpness.

He's not old at all (4 months younger than Rawlo) and yesterday the difference between now and January was like night and day in terms of sharpness and mobility. Now, he's the one dispossessing the opponent and beating him to the ball. Maybe we should keep it quiet but yesterday was not a L2 performance from a L2 player, it was something from x levels higher.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

When he first joined the club everyone could see his class, but there was something different back in January.....then, when the play broke down and the ball became loose, he was consistently being beaten to it by the opponent. What some (me included) didn't fully account for was that he'd last played football the season before. There was a half year gap between playing for Donny and us. So what looked like a slower, older player was an illusion - it was just a matter of match sharpness.

He's not old at all (4 months younger than Rawlo) and yesterday the difference between now and January was like night and day in terms of sharpness and mobility. Now, he's the one dispossessing the opponent and beating him to the ball. Maybe we should keep it quiet but yesterday was not a L2 performance from a L2 player, it was something from x levels higher.
    Well nearly everyone could see it 😂. It was a total masterclass yesterday, he’s championship level at the very least, he’s that good. I’ll never forget his Wembley goal, that was balls of steel as the easy option in the dying minutes was to swing it in.
    Crazy to think he was offered a 10 year contract by Barcelona and now playing for little us, that said he’s clearly enjoying it and holds LW in high regards.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

That was probably around the time I posted on here that "I never want to see Palmer and Bostock starting a home game together again".

No shortage of competition, but that has to be the most wrong I've ever been on NCM!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast