+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee4Life Update - The Correct Facts

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I do not think that we will soon be homeless as a year ago rumours were sweeping Dundee that John Nelms had purchased Dens Park from Sandeman Properties Limited.
    I believe that this is another case of delaying tactics by John Nelms to avoid submitting Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited’s full planning application to Dundee City Council for their new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds.
    This time last year Nelms stated that their planning application would be submitted to Dundee City Council by the end of March but he did not state which year.
    In April 2023 he stated that the traffic information from 2017 was now out of date and it would have to be recalculated result in a delay of a couple of months.
    Now almost six months later we have not heard a cheep about the planning application for the new stadium development in the former NCR Camperdown grounds until the article in the Courier last week which almost coincided with the first anniversary of the second pre application meeting held in the Landmark Hotel on Monday 26th September 2022.
    Is there anyway to find out if the new traffic survey or whatever it's called has been completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Is there anyway to find out if the new traffic survey or whatever it's called has been completed?
    I never heard any mention of the original traffic survey in 2017 so it is unlikely that the new traffic survey will have been completed.
    I remember something being mentioned at the second pre application meeting about a traffic survey having to be carried out by Transport Scotland.
    Hopefully Transport Scotland employees have the sense to carry out the survey on a Saturday afternoon during the football season on the A90 between the Myrekirk roundabout and the Strathmartine Road roundabout in both directions to ascertain how busy it is.
    I remember attending a Dee4life board of directors meeting as a non voting guest in Bon Hynd’s office where the new stadium development in the former NCR Camperdown grounds was discussed.
    Bob told us that the Scottish Government had changed the rules for accessing slip roads.
    He told us that the exit road from the Kingsway West retail park onto the slip road to the Crematorium roundabout would no longer be permitted.
    That is why the exit road along the existing Dayton Drive has had to be incorporated in the new plans which were on display at the second pre application meeting.
    He also told us that Police Scotland were insisted that everyone attending home games at the new stadium would have to park their cars in the new stadium car parks.
    Police Scotland did not want football supporters parking their cars in the housing scheme on the opposite side of the A90 Kingsway bypass
    Whether this is still the case who knows as the new plans on display at the second pre application meeting showed that the number of car parking spaces had been reduced from 1,362 to from memory 880.
    The number of spaces for football supporters coaches had been reduced from 60 to around 25.
    I remember hearing that there would only be enough car parking spaces in the new plans for Away supporters after car parking spaces were allocated for businesses in the new stadium development such the hotel, shops and the crematorium.
    It was also stated in the new plans that no cars would be allowed to leave the new stadium car parks after the end of the game until all the supporters coaches had left the stadium car parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Sorry BCram, I disagree. Islay started the whole thing years ago when he made it very clear that he was vehemently opposed to any new stadium complex at Camperdown stating that he would be putting an objection to the plans since, in his less than expert view and based only on an initial impression, the traffic management plan wasn't up to it. As an aside do you remember him bleating about there only being one entry and egress, via Kingsway, despite the plans clearly showing an additional entry / egress at Coupar Angus Road? Islay was then firstly invited and then formally elected onto the Dee4life board, a truly astonishing decision by all concerned.

Is it any wonder the club sees Dee4Life as hostile when they freely welcome aboard someone so strongly opposed to their proposed plans? And now it turns out he wasn't the only Dee4Life board member willing to raise barriers. Honestly couldn't make it up. The whole issue surrounding the club noting Dee4Life board members objecting to its plans needs discussed and Islay is a very large part of that discussion.

Islay is now gone from the board, whoever this mystery board member is also needs to resign or be forced out if that's not already done. Dee4Life members also need to know the identity of this person so that we know to object to any proposed re-election of the individual - it's not up to Islay to spill the info, it needs to come from the current Dee4Life board.
    Yesterday afternoon I sent an email to Dee4life asking them to put a statement on their website stating that it was not my personal submission about the Camperdown development which was mentioned in the latest Dee4life newsletter.
    I also asked them to state the name of the Dee4life Director who incidentally is entitled to their own opinion even if it upset the person who signed the letter ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’.
    I received a prompt reply from the Dee4life Secretary who stated that there is nothing in the Dee4life letter which could possibly lead people to think that relates to you more than any other director of the trust at the time of letter.
    The Dee4life secretary further added that they will not be naming the director concerned due to the Data Protection Act.
    I sent a further email to the Dee4life Secretary asking him which part of the first paragraph of the newsletter headed Board Statement do you not think could be related to me.
    I am still waiting for a reply.
    As a result of this paragraph in the newsletter every Dee4life Director at the time of the letter dated 7th December 2022 could be the guilty party.
    I know that it was not me so it is now up to the Dee4life Director who submitted his own personal submission about the Camperdown development to put his hands up and admit it or the Dee4life Chairman will have to put a statement on the Dee4life website quoting the name of Dee4life director concerned.
    If the Dee4life Chairman and board of directors will not come clean and name the Dee4life Director concerned then it will have to be dragged out of them at the next Dee4life AGM whenever that might be.

Yesterday afternoon I sent an email to Dee4life asking them to put a statement on their website stating that it was not my personal submission about the Camperdown development which was mentioned in the latest Dee4life newsletter.
    I also asked them to state the name of the Dee4life Director who incidentally is entitled to their own opinion even if it upset the person who signed the letter ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’.
    I received a prompt reply from the Dee4life Secretary who stated that there is nothing in the Dee4life letter which could possibly lead people to think that relates to you more than any other director of the trust at the time of letter.
    The Dee4life secretary further added that they will not be naming the director concerned due to the Data Protection Act.
    I sent a further email to the Dee4life Secretary asking him which part of the first paragraph of the newsletter headed Board Statement do you not think could be related to me.
    As a result of this paragraph in the newsletter every Dee4life Director at the time of the letter dated 7th December 2022 could be the guilty party.
    I know that it was not me so it is now up to the Dee4life Director who submitted his own personal submission about the Camperdown development to put his hands up and admit it or the Dee4life Chairman will have to put a statement on the Dee4life website quoting the name of Dee4life director concerned.
    If the Dee4life Chairman and board of directors will not come clean and name the Dee4life Director concerned then it will have to be dragged out of them at the next Dee4life AGM whenever that might be.
    I agree Islay. The responsible person needs to make himself / herself known and should also, IMO, resign as a consequence.

Alternatively maybe the entire Dee4Life board can stand in solidarity with the right to anonymity of the individual and resign en masse?

Who were the Directors at that time.

Can't get excited about this line of attack on the Dee4life Board. Amazing, I thought they were on our side. Thought the DFC board were in the Dock for not communicating.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Can't get excited about this line of attack on the Dee4life Board. Amazing, I thought they were on our side. Thought the DFC board were in the Dock for not communicating.
    They had never posted the minutes of their board of directors meetings since 3rd October 2022 on their new website until I complained.
    Now they are available to read with a bit of difficulty in Members section of the website.
    The minutes of their board of directors meeting held on Monday 3rd October 2022 comes up blank. It is listed
    as being held on 2nd October 2022 but this is wrong.
    I was unable to attend the board of directors meeting on Monday 3rd October 2022 as it was our wedding anniversary and I had already booked a meal at Armstrongs restaurant at Roundyhill to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
    The board of directors meeting was arranged in the late afternoon of Monday 3rd October 2022 and I had to submit my apologies for absence.
    The minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meeting held on 13th December 2022 are also missing from the Dee4life website which is very unfortunate as it took place a week after the Letter had been received signed ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’.
    There is also information missing in the minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meeting held on 16th January 2023 which was my last meeting as a Dee4life director and subsequent information which should have been stated in the minutes of their board of directors meeting held in February 2023.

They had never posted the minutes of their board of directors meetings since 3rd October 2022 on their new website until I complained.
    Now they are available to read with a bit of difficulty in Members section of the website.
    The minutes of their board of directors meeting held on Monday 3rd October 2022 comes up blank. It is listed
    as being held on 2nd October 2022 but this is wrong.
    I was unable to attend the board of directors meeting on Monday 3rd October 2022 as it was our wedding anniversary and I had already booked a meal at Armstrongs restaurant at Roundyhill to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
    The board of directors meeting was arranged in the late afternoon of Monday 3rd October 2022 and I had to submit my apologies for absence.
    The minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meeting held on 13th December 2022 are also missing from the Dee4life website which is very unfortunate as it took place a week after the Letter had been received signed ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’.
    There is also information missing in the minutes of the Dee4life board of directors meeting held on 16th January 2023 which was my last meeting as a Dee4life director and subsequent information which should have been stated in the minutes of their board of directors meeting held in February 2023.
    Another one who does what the wife tells him.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Who were the Directors at that time.
    I enclose the list of current Dee4life directors from their website. https://dee4life.com/
    According to their website Keith Winter was appointed Chairman of the Dee4life board of directors on 3rd May 2023 whilst Scott Lorimer was appointed the Communications Director on 25th January 2023.
    That rules them out of the equation as they were not Dee4life directors when the Letter signed ‘Dundee Football Club Ltd’ was sent to the Dee4life board of directors on 7th December 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Another one who does what the wife tells him.
    On the contrary.
    If I had been given sufficient notice of the Dee4life board of directors meeting being held on Monday 3rd October 2022 my wife and I would have booked a meal at Armstrongs for the following evening to belatedly celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)