+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another One (or Two) See The Light

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Have to agree. Where have all the posters gone from this site due to the inane nonsense spouted about peoples own personal situations re wealth etc. imagine if you are in a situation most of us would hate, health, financial, loss and you have to read other who are not in that situation. The list goes on, it is a football forum, not a political or anything else forum.

It is first and foremost a football site. We, as Baggies, should be able to Agee/disagree about Albion footie matters. Who gives a 4x about anything else (
    unless it is health of another poster which is understandable) that we should fall out about.

It is simple make it a football related forum with a separate (what ever) for the other stuff.

Mick, you are now a Mod. Please use that in a positive way and help this forum survive where others fail.
    It is more than surviving.

Perhaps someone can offer a list of all these “missing posters” for starters, a good number have simply passed away, others have possibly moved onto other forms of media like my younger friends seem to use.

If you think this site is failing I suggest you spend a bit of time looking through the other clubs on Footymad, most are dead or almost dead including Blues, Villa and Wolves.

Des has been a mod on here for many years, if he thinks things need changing then I’ll bow to his sage qualities.

One thing that always surprises me with things like forums is that nobody forces anyone to do anything.

If people don’t like the way it’s done they can decide to ignore a topic or ignore a forum, it doesn’t require censorship etc or rigidity in how posts are segregated.

It just requires self discipline and the ability to bite your tongue from time to time which I’ve increasingly tried to do.

In reality OB there’s very little nastiness on here now, if you think it’s bad you should’ve been around a decade ago when Wolves and Villa forums were in full swing! 🫣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Have to agree. Where have all the posters gone from this site due to the inane nonsense spouted about peoples own personal situations re wealth etc. imagine if you are in a situation most of us would hate, health, financial, loss and you have to read other who are not in that situation. The list goes on, it is a football forum, not a political or anything else forum.

It is first and foremost a football site. We, as Baggies, should be able to Agee/disagree about Albion footie matters. Who gives a 4x about anything else (
    unless it is health of another poster which is understandable) that we should fall out about.

It is simple make it a football related forum with a separate (what ever) for the other stuff.

Mick, you are now a Mod. Please use that in a positive way and help this forum survive where others fail.

100% agree on balanced! Mick - you are doing yourself no favours by referencing a small percentage of women and what women would come on when you say - if you don’t like it you can f uck off! Come on Mick FFS and for once look at other views! I openly admit some of my posts have been non football related but hey don’t take to general statements and we know your views on girls football even though the bigger picture - it’s fantastic for girls sports.

Have a sub file and then people can talk about politics and their life stories to their hearts content.

Just saying as a mate!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    100% agree on balanced! Mick - you are doing yourself no favours by referencing a small percentage of women and what women would come on when you say - if you don’t like it you can f uck off! Come on Mick FFS and for once look at other views! I openly admit some of my posts have been non football related but hey don’t take to general statements and we know your views on girls football even though the bigger picture - it’s fantastic for girls sports.

Have a sub file and then people can talk about politics and their life stories to their hearts content.

Just saying as a mate!
    I said people could F Off as a joke and made that obvious.

You and OB and I think one other want this change, an equal amount or more don’t.

Out of respect to Des as senior operating mod the decision will be down to him.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I said people could F Off as a joke and made that obvious.

You and OB and I think one other want this change, an equal amount or more don’t.

Out of respect to Des as senior operating mod the decision will be down to him.
    Blood made a great point and ask yourself why he’s stopped posting. 123 was opening sick of debating politics the other day and said so.

It’s football FFS!!!! You don’t see all this crap on other sites!! Even 68 said - there’s a fk football match going on tonight!

On balance makes a good point about differing jobs and wealth FFS. My daughter has just supported West Brom - do you honestly think I would want her on this site?

I have been one of the worst but so have you but at least my hands are up!

Football please and lots of it. See already the agreement with on balance which proves a point. Read Blood’s post as he’s a decent guy

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Blood made a great point and ask yourself why he’s stopped posting. 123 was opening sick of debating politics the other day and said so.

It’s football FFS!!!! You don’t see all this crap on other sites!! Even 68 said - there’s a fk football match going on tonight!

On balance makes a good point about differing jobs and wealth FFS. My daughter has just supported West Brom - do you honestly think I would want her on this site?

I have been one of the worst but so have you but at least my hands are up!

Football please and lots of it. See already the agreement with on balance which proves a point. Read Blood’s post as he’s a decent guy
    You post more off topic stuff than anyone else and you’re having a go at me now for not changing it to what you want it to be!!

How ironic.

To be honest, I’m pretty p I s s e d off.

Someone else can do the mod job, I’m already sick of it.

Put your hands up if you want it and I’ll happily resign?

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You post more off topic stuff than anyone else and you’re having a go at me now for not changing it to what you want it to be!!

How ironic.

To be honest, I’m pretty p I s s e d off.

Someone else can do the mod job, I’m already sick of it.

Put your hands up if you want it and I’ll happily resign?

Do the best of both worlds then - footballing stuff on the main section and in another all the stuff which is contentious with strong views and life stories. It’s a football forum FFS. This will please everyone. I have been guilty I admit but due to my health going down hill want it to change! Surprised you don’t!

Tells you something that myself and on balance agree on this going on from Bloods points who seemed pretty p issed off!

Not the answer for people to leave as more need to join especially females and kids but without the personal stuff. As on balance said / some on the site are not fortunate to have money or good jobs perhaps like ourselves so personal stuff can hurt!

I think we can all be guilty of posting something that is off topic and perhaps inflammatory, sometimes without meaning.

It is a football / Baggie forum so if there was two different areas, one football, one anything else, ie. politics, religion or what ever, each person can make a choice of whether they wish to contribute to a football/Naggie issue or something else.

It’s been a hard week and I have do a lot of research, legal prep etc. bollox for the next week so, with the greatest respect I am going to get my head down.

Al, it might be a first, hopefully not the last………… but somehow we are in agreement.

Years ago I suggested we had a separate section for the prediction threads. This was during a tournament and it was because the place looked like someone had tipped over a bin and you had to pick through the rubbish to find anything worth reading.

PhilD seems to be doing a good and popular job re the predictions now and I have no issue with them because there isn't another prediction thread every time I blink. That said I wouldn't really know as I have no interest in them and rarely if ever open them.

I also manage to avoid political arguments in the main and tend to stop reading threads when they go off on a wildly random tangent or become exercises in copy and paste or general nonsensical bs hit. As for a separate section for football I honestly think it would be the least visited section on the site.

Best leave things as they are to be fair as we know where we are with things. The best thing that could happen to this place is for posters to take some personal responsibility for what they post. Some of the complete b@ll@x I've read on here over the years 'guised as opinion would make a goat balk at the thought of being expected to swallow it.

Have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy the sunshine should it be above you at any point today. I'm off for my morning constitutional now so I'll leave you with your thoughts before heading out to cut the grass later should the rain be kind enough to stay away. Toodles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)