+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📝Macari made permanent.

Signed him on a decent long term contract as well which is a bonus. Just need to sign somebody of proven league quality now for him to play alongside (and as Durham said, another centre mid).

Keeley staying in Ireland at St Pats so hope we’ve got another iron in the fire for another tall, strong, pacey defender.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Great news, promising young player and desperate to do well for the club. More of those please. COYP
    Agree and he has shown potential.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Keeley staying in Ireland at St Pats so hope we’ve got another iron in the fire for another tall, strong, pacey defender.
    We need a proven player at this level or its equivalent - not an unproven part-timer. That might have been fine in the summer, when time was on our side, but we need someone who can walk straight into the team and instantly improve it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we look overseas to get more value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We need a proven player at this level or its equivalent - not an unproven part-timer. That might have been fine in the summer, when time was on our side, but we need someone who can walk straight into the team and instantly improve it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we look overseas to get more value for money.
    I think fans should rein in their expectations for the defensive upgrades, especially now Macari has signed permanently.

Top of the shopping list now has to be a central midfielder, without a replacement for MP we just won't be able to do justice to LW's system of play. If Gosling goes, we might have to recruit 2 CMs to cover the injury risk to Bostock. We have to max out this acquisition in terms of salary and profile of player. Even for next season we need Bostock (who'll turn 33 next season) + Palmer (returning from serious injury) + a new player just as good as those two.

For the defence, RB is still the position in biggest need of upgrading. We may get a player to cover across the line, but I don't think there'll be wholesale, radical changes at the back this year. AB, the Capt and Stone will be judged on a season-long sample size IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123