+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is he alright ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    First went to Turf Moor in 1958 with my grandad aged 8.

I have never ever booed the Clarets. Not once.

I'm a Burnley Football Club supporter, it's what I do.

I support, booing starts a cancer within the club and surely none of us wants that - do we?

I remember the time when some clowns suggested we all turn our backs away from the team in the days of Paul Weller.

I refused 100% point blank and the result was a "fan" who was giving it large in my face got knocked out by sat-next-to-me best mate Stevie.

Booing my arse.
    What he says but I didn't have an 8 year old granddad. You wouldn't boo your kids in the school team if they were playing badly so why do it to the team you support, just ball out encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    What he says but I didn't have an 8 year old granddad. You wouldn't boo your kids in the school team if they were playing badly so why do it to the team you support, just ball out encouragement.
    Mine says I act like his 8 year old mate. I'm honoured!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I still do not think Pace will sack him Sinkov.They admitted they are ahead of schedule.What is not to like about going back to the Championship?
    No VAR farce and winning nearly every week.We were never going to storm the PL with £100m on 15 players.Arsenal bought one player for nearly £100m.Mistakes were made and we will be relegated but it is not for the want of trying.VK still has plenty of faith in the bank after last season with me.
    I agree CiB, Mr Pace has no intention of sacking Vinni, the booing does raise an interesting question though. Mr Pace/ALK have a plan, Vinni has bought into it as well, the promotion last season was unexpected and has put us ahead of schedule, so Mr Pace and Vinni are quite relaxed about relegation, another season in the Championship to further build the squad is fine, we are still on schedule. But what if a majority of fans aren't relaxed or happy about relegation, what if Turf Moor is no longer the fans Happy Place, what if the atmosphere does turn toxic and the team and Vinni are booed as the defeats pile up. I think it was Mike Tyson who said everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face. Vinni might have bought into the ALK plan, but what happens if the fans reject it and the atmosphere does turn toxic ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I agree CiB, Mr Pace has no intention of sacking Vinni, the booing does raise an interesting question though. Mr Pace/ALK have a plan, Vinni has bought into it as well, the promotion last season was unexpected and has put us ahead of schedule, so Mr Pace and Vinni are quite relaxed about relegation, another season in the Championship to further build the squad is fine, we are still on schedule. But what if a majority of fans aren't relaxed or happy about relegation, what if Turf Moor is no longer the fans Happy Place, what if the atmosphere does turn toxic and the team and Vinni are booed as the defeats pile up. I think it was Mike Tyson who said everyone has a plan until they're punched in the face. Vinni might have bought into the ALK plan, but what happens if the fans reject it and the atmosphere does turn toxic ?
    Good question mon ami. I will wait patiently for an answer.

Supporters don't ask for or don't expect a guaranteed outcome, they live in hope. Yes a lot of us think mistakes were made in the summer but those who don't make mistakes never make anything as the saying goes. VK has more to offer than anyone else on the block imo. Booing contributes bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think the vast majority of fans can see the bigger picture.There will be booeing but in order for it to get toxic then there needs to be an entire stadium booeing.I dont think that will happen.It would help if the hierarchy came out and explained the predicament and admit to making mistakes.
    Most Burnley fans will support the club even if they get relegated and even if they do not come straight back up.Also a lot of the anger is temporary on match day.By Monday most fans have digested it and realise we are massively punching above our weight.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 07-02-2024 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I think the vast majority of fans can see the bigger picture.There will be booeing but in order for it to get toxic then there needs to be an entire stadium booeing.I dont think that will happen.It would help if the hierarchy came out and explained the predicament and admit to making mistakes.
    Most Burnley fans will support the club even if they get relegated and even if they do not come straight back up.Also a lot of the anger is temporary on match day.By Monday most fans have digested it and realise we are massively punching above our weight.

Ridiculous to say that we are massively punching above our own weight when Luton who we finished 21pts above last season are 7pts above us and competing at this level, having spent a lot less than us.

Not to forget Everton who have been deducted 10pts. This season is now turning out to be the most underwhelming since Chris Waddle.

I will always support the club through thick and thin, like I did throughout the 80&90s. Although I won't stand byidly, whilst I witness Kompany and Pace ruin our club

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Ridiculous to say that we are massively punching above our own weight when Luton who we finished 21pts above last season are 7pts above us and competing at this level, having spent a lot less than us.

Not to forget Everton who have been deducted 10pts. This season is now turning out to be the most underwhelming since Chris Waddle.

I will always support the club through thick and thin, like I did throughout the 80&90s. Although I won't stand byidly, whilst I witness Kompany and Pace ruin our club
    Like I said mistakes were made and the only difference between Luton and us is Barkley and a stable team that did not need to gel as most of their players came up with them last season.However generally speaking we are punching above our own weight in the PL.The only way we will be able to bridge that gap is to try and get promoted again with a young team that are not loanees and have mostly played together for a full season in the Championship.

Our future is bright; Trafford, Assignon, Beyer, Esteve, Al-Dakhil, Berge, Massengo, JBG, Odobert, Foster, Amdouni & Koleosho amongst others will ensure that.

Football teams (City apart) experience differing degrees of transition at some point. This is one of ours.

Getting relegated is not the end of the world. We will be back! UTC#

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post

Do you want to see Vinni sacked Ballcock ? You haven't actually said it although that's what your posts are implying, do you want him gone ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)