+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hibernian v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If only we had had a proper manager all season instead of the over promoted caretaker and that clown Colin.
    It's days like this that make one think about what might have been this season without the thrawn three at the back mannie in charge.

Duk bodyslamming the kid in celebration quality stuff

Nice to get a decent win again.
    Young Fletcher will sleep tomorrow.

So wish I'd went now.

Ah well, the result was most important in the hunt for the bottom six trophy.

Hibs started better, but only one team in it after we scored. No chance Montgomery is keeping his job. I think he has made them worse.

Anyway, great score and really nice to see a kid come on and score on his debut.
    Hopefully the first of many.

Hoilet has made a huge impact in our turnaround of fortunes, hopefully we can keep him and use his footballing intelligence. Something sadly lacking in our game.

Two more to go in what has been a shyte season, but glad to see us finishing it well.

I thought that Fletcher Boyd looked good in the youth cup final.Looks like a player who isn’t afraid to take people on and try to beat them.

Debut goal at 16 years old,could be the next big thing.

It has been a wasted season because of 2 numpty managers. That's all Cormack's fault.

Well safe to say I didn’t see that coming - who did tbf.

Let’s be honest, we were poor for the first 30, but then we clicked and after Clarkson’s opener we were far and away the better team.

Two quality finishes for the first two, then two quality moves for the second two - the third especially was a thing of beauty.

We played some really nice stuff for the last hour.

Pass marks all round again. Defence solid again (Gartenmann fücked one header up but other than that decent).

Midfield creative and were finding space and linking well once we got going.

Up front lively and a constant threat again.

Special mention for MacKenzie, put in a shift, solid at the back & got forward well. Good show min.

I’ve seen enough. Get Hoillet signed now. Proper football player. Uses the ball brilliantly, fabulous touch, composure and fitba brain. Just all round excellent. MOTM again today. They were absolutely terrified of him. Couldn’t handle him at all.

Totally worth a year’s contract. Get it done AFC.

MacKenzie’s improved form is in no small part down to having this guy in front of him.

Special mention for the young loon Boyd too. Great to see him get a goal. The stuff dreams are made of really. Good for you son.

Delighted Leven seems to be staying on. What a difference he’s made. He’ll be a great help to Thelin. If he could see how to get the best out of this shower so quickly, it just shows how bad Robson & Warnock were.

Yes, we can all talk about “what might have been”, but let’s not kid ourselves, this squad still has massive deficiencies. They’re clearly not as bad as we all thought - which is good & hopefully makes Thelin’s life easier - but they’re still there.

Seems there’s a bit of hope for next season at least, but then it’s the hope that kills you.

Still, very good today, well done to all. COYR…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 12-05-2024 at 05:37 PM.

Just watched the highlights.

It's a pity we've already had the end of season awards, there were a couple of contenders for Goal of the Season there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It has been a wasted season because of 2 numpty managers. That's all Cormack's fault.
    There’s no guarantee that Thelin isn’t going to be a numpty manager either. He’s certainly going to have to change his style of play with us or Levens going to be interim manager again by the end of the year.

Don't get me wrong I'm as relieved as anyone that we are coasting towards the end of the season without any stress about playing Ross in a loser takes all last day shoot out and there is no doubt that Leven has got us playing better football but as The Moog says above we still have many shortcomings when we play against the better teams. Let's not forget that in the eight league games Leven has played since Warnock walked out we haven't played any of the top five teams in the league (and yes I know we played really well against celtic in the semi).

So Cormack, don't be fooled into thinking you can penny pinch in the Summer transfer window, you need to dig deep to give Thelin the quality of players we need to compete at the right end of the league next season

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast