+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Players/clubs/in and out Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    agree wonderful player

Who we on about not Sharp surely!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who we on about not Sharp surely!
    Gundogan gru. UTM

Don't flatter yourself anyone who questions my English was same on banter I question if they have done any proper work. I don't count sitting behind a desk or a computer that.
    Can you count though?
    I'm guessing a proper days work means doing physical labour over a shift, knowing that you will most like be doing a fixed shift, with fixed rest breaks and going home at the same time every day, so you can have a social life. Some that work in offices don't have that luxury, end up working through lunch, working late and regularly doing long hours, but then they haven't done a proper days work.

A few people have difficulty reading thread titles..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    A few people have difficulty reading thread titles..
    See the one about Paul Chuckle!

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Can you count though?
    I'm guessing a proper days work means doing physical labour over a shift, knowing that you will most like be doing a fixed shift, with fixed rest breaks and going home at the same time every day, so you can have a social life. Some that work in offices don't have that luxury, end up working through lunch, working late and regularly doing long hours, but then they haven't done a proper days work.

I appreciate using your mind more than physically working can be tiring but they'll live longer. A manual worker would say on average will pass away sooner.

I appreciate using your mind more than physically working can be tiring but they'll live longer. A manual worker would say on average will pass away sooner.
    You're not really selling me on your choice of valued careers gru!

I held my tongue on this one but jesus, you don't half run your mouth firing b****cks for ammo.

Ive worked very physical jobs and jobs behind desks all my life, until recently.

When I "Worked behind a desk" and was donating my time to charity causes was that not a "proper days" work? How about when I was doing 100 hours a week to stop a company going bankrupt and my boss loosing his house? What about when I was designing car parts and then going and physically putting them onto the real thing using my hands? Does that count?

Pretty obvious you have an IQ starting with an 8 so I'm probably peeing in the wind here but do you honestly think that you need dust on your boots, oil on your hands or coal in your hair to have done "a proper days work"?

Im guessing teachers, nurses, child protection officers, engineers etc. Have never done a proper days work then?

Theres are virtually no physical labour jobs with unpaid overtime because typically that's all the job is.. ones time. There's nearly a requirement to work unpaid overtime in all sorts of roles, especially "non physical" ones these days for less and less in return.

You've got the lack of nous to understand that. But what really got me is you have the audacity to state people who aren't physical workers will live longer...

You've clearly no idea of the stress that can come with a "desk" job. I've literally watched two colleagues have heart attacks and die at work from their desk jobs stresses all the while "not doing proper work".

Ive a new career these days, shift worker too. In the past week I've been directly responsible for 10,000 lives and £10s millions of equipment. I sit down while doing it. Is that not a proper job?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    You've clearly no idea of the stress that can come with a "desk" job. I've literally watched two colleagues have heart attacks and die at work from their desk jobs stresses all the while "not doing proper work".
    Bloody hell - now I'm going to die if I do a desk job too!

Don't know what I'm going to do when I grow up now

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Bloody hell - now I'm going to die if I do a desk job too!

Don't know what I'm going to do when I grow up now
    Be a footballer! (Desperate attempt to get this thread back on track)

Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast