+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    It's been a really strange interim period. When Warne left we were 8th in the League in September and we got turned down by Mark Bonner at Cambridge and ended up with MT from Exeter,who was fully aware he was second choice.Roll forward a year and we are deep in the relegation zone and can't buy a win away from home but the fact that the likes of Wilder and Jones are/where even 'thinking about it'' seems odd. After all the dead ends and turn downs in this process,to appoint Richardson would feel empty and without any conviction.After our first proper away performance at Birmingham I would now be more inclined to let WC take charge of the home games against Swansea and West Brom because 4 points and 2 good performances may make the solution to this problem a little easier to find.
    All the ones who wanted MT out maybe could have shown more patience hey.

As Heckingbottom looks set to leave BL, perhaps we can approach him and keep WC in charge for the time being?

Steve Bruce as Director of Football overseeing the infancy of Wayne Carlisle's managerial career.
    You heard it here first 😉

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    As Heckingbottom looks set to leave BL, perhaps we can approach him and keep WC in charge for the time being?
    Heckingbottom may be sick to the back teeth of losing nearly every game. I think Sheff Utd are more or less a mirror of ourselves a division higher. Find it hard to compete financially,lose all their best players to bigger clubs and have had horrendous injury problems.I like Heckingbottom....he comes across as a decent bloke. The good news for us though is I think we have a better chance of staying up than The Blades have.

Sacking MT was such a smart move.

Paul Heckingbottom used to play for swfc

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Steve Bruce as Director of Football overseeing the infancy of Wayne Carlisle's managerial career.
    You heard it here first ��
    A bit leftfield but I would be really intrigued by it.I've been very impressed how WC has handled himself since he was put in charge and the way he comes across in interviews.Not to mention of course,providing our first ''proper'' away performance of the season in December!!

In all honesty I find it difficult to get excited / engaged with any managerial appointment. They're all just a different name on the same merry-go-round.

Wake me up when we have someone.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Sorry guys for getting your hopes up. My source has got it wrong.

Don’t worry the wife took out extra insurance before I had my op so she’ll be quids in 🥴
    Just wanting to write you a Christmas card frog - what's the address to send it to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    A bit leftfield but I would be really intrigued by it.I've been very impressed how WC has handled himself since he was put in charge and the way he comes across in interviews.Not to mention of course,providing our first ''proper'' away performance of the season in December!!
    Maybe not so left field.
    This is what Steve Bruce said in an interview a couple of days ago and hasnt Tony Stewart sought his advice on things like managerial appointmens in the past?

"I'm itching to go back in, not necessarily as a manager. I wouldn't mind helping a young manager, helping a club in any way; I'd like to think that after 46 years, if someone asked me a question about football, I'd be able to answer it."

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast