+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 301 of 410 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Happy wi this!

A big able lump up front, ideal.

If McNulty is f ucked and loan deal ends then i cant say im all to disappointed tbh

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Happy wi this!

If McNulty is f ucked and loan deal ends then i cant say im all to disappointed tbh
    Hopefully the missing piece of the jigsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    the signing front credit where credit is due mulgrew, mcmann, levitt and the Finn are all upgrades, and if they are anything to go buy then Maxi should be another quality acquisition. 🧡🖤
    Ha ha - the Finn is called ILMARI NISKANEN

Immi for short but I think he might not mind we just call him Jimmy

I've got to admit that my pessimism back before the window closed has been transformed.

I was a bit sceptical about Mulgrew and was wrong on that, but I was more worried that we might lose Benji Edwards and Fuchs on top of Shankland which would have left us with a problem.

ok we lost Shankland in the end but held onto Benji Ryan and Jeando but not only that, we added McMann and Levitt. Add into the mix that TC is getting the best we've seen so far out of Pawlett and Harkes and we're starting to look like a team all of a sudden. McMann in particular, from his first game for us I felt that was a brilliant addition, the type of player that St Johnstone built their success on and that told me we're on the right lines now.

The 90 minutes at Parkhead was the best football I've seen from us in years. Patient, resilient, brave, tenacious, good in and out off possession and at times very stylish. That performance and the one v Sevco don't come about by accident.

Yes, in the second half against RC we reverted a bit to pinball when they dragged us down to their level but now overall we can see a team that's being coached to be a bit more patient in possession a bit more greedy on and off the ball and the signs are good.

This signing might turn out to be a poor one or he might be the next Nadir but either way the club has responded to the problem up front.

Fair play to Tony and TC, credit where credit is due. So far so good.

C'mon United 🧡

Happy wi this!

I said at the time we should never have brought him back up. It seemed to me to be a can't find anyone better and he's there waiting kind of signing. I can't put my finger on it really, maybe not brave enough not big enough not commanding enough, I can't work him out. To me he's the best 5 a side player you could ask for but on a full sized pitch I'm just not sure he brings enough influence.
    I don't dislike the guy, far from it, and i hope he recovers well from his injury.

Meantime bang them in Maxime 🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    TA has been getting it tight from some fans, but I have to say I can’t argue with his signings and the way we have gone about our business this season so far. Yes business has been slow but I like the way we have recruited. There have been no knee jerk reactions. I know it’s early days but Courts, and the coaching staff have got us playing some decent stuff and have managed to get another 10/20 % out of players like Harkes and pawlett who are like new signings. Also on the signing front credit where credit is due mulgrew, mcmann, levitt and the Finn are all upgrades, and if they are anything to go buy then Maxi should be another quality acquisition. Well done United for getting this deal done. 🧡🖤
    Can’t argue much with TA main signings this season

Mulgrew has been fantastic
    Levitt is absolute quality, and can receive the ball under pressure and pass it on better than anyone
    McMann is totally committed and doing well
    Carson is great understudy to Benji
    Flying Finn / McNulty / Biamou - we wait and see but at least trying to address area where we need more
    Last edited by LSArab; 06-10-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Happy wi this!

The comments on Twitter from Coventry fans are more than encouraging. Every one of them mentions him giving 100% or running through walls for the team. Not one negative comment about him. Sounds promising.

the big question is how much has the knee injury ****ed him? Big Daly had the same and did alright for us, and wilkiewas okay with nae knees

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    the big question is how much has the knee injury ****ed him? Big Daly had the same and did alright for us, and wilkiewas okay with nae knees
    His knee injury was 2-3 years ago to be fair, and he did come back and play a full season in the Championship last year. Knee injuries like that are not what they used to be 10-15 years ago with the advances in modern medicine

Definitely gives us an option in the final third that we have been missing. It's been frustrating as hell watching us play nice football...to then end up trying to walk the ball into the net by over playing it...often running out of space or trying to win a penalty! This guy seems ro be the type of players who can punch holes in defences and create that extra bit of space for others to pmay through. As long as we don't revert to punting long balls all the time...this signing looks like it could do well. As for McNulty, I want to see him play alongside this type of striker to see if it improves his goals...personally, I think this is exactly the type of player he needs to play beside to get the best out of him. I for one, have not written McNulty off yet! I hope that this could be the start of a great partnership for us!

Page 301 of 410 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)