+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - What Song (s) You Listening To Today?

No music today, totally absorbed by the cricket. So glad I 'get it'

Yeah, I agree re. Elton. I played both his and the Who's 'Pinball Wizard' and I love them both. I also like his version of the Beatles 'Lucy in the Sky'! Now got the Stranglers on whilst watching Manure losing!!

Not currently listening to it, but I can't 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' by Eddie And The Hot Rods out of my head after hearing it on TV last night. The soundtrack of one of the best summers ever (77), although summer must have stretched out a bit that year because I just checked and it didn't chart til August. My 12 inch copy has two felt tip Xs on it, signifying that it was 'borrowed' from parties and retrieved twice. If anyone out there has a twelve incher of 'This Perfect Day' by The Saints with four Xs on it, its mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not currently listening to it, but I can't 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' by Eddie And The Hot Rods out of my head after hearing it on TV last night. The soundtrack of one of the best summers ever (77), although summer must have stretched out a bit that year because I just checked and it didn't chart til August. My 12 inch copy has two felt tip Xs on it, signifying that it was 'borrowed' from parties and retrieved twice. If anyone out there has a twelve incher of 'This Perfect Day' by The Saints with four Xs on it, its mine.
    So you watched ‘The A Word’ too Andy. Great TV imo. Unbelievably I had to Google the song last night...could remember virtually every word but not the artist. Excellent and particularly evocative song which now demands a place on my playlists.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-12-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So you watched ‘The A Word’ too Andy. Great TV imo. Unbelievably I had to Google the song last night...could remember virtually every word but not the artist. Excellent and particularly evocative song which now demands a place on my playlists.
    Actually credited to 'The Rods'. Just prior to this EATHR rolled into town (The Kings Hall) as the middle band in a three band package tour amusingly titled 'Packet Of Three' with Radio Stars opening and Squeeze top of the bill. What an absolute blast. My pals were rooting either for Radio Stars, who had recently played a couple of raucous gigs at what is now Derby Uni just before, or for EATHR who likwise had played to great acclaim a few times locally. True enough, both bands ripped it up big time, Andy Ellison nearly brought down the left side PA down on the crowd at one point, and my pals were thinking of leaving before Squeeze because they 'couldn't possibly be as good as that'. I knew better because I'd seen Squeeze play for an hour outside a pub somewhere in London when bunking off a school trip the year before, and I KNEW how good they were. Sure enough, pure class, and unlike the other two bands who were living for the moment, Squeeze knew they 'had' something and their confidence just poured off the stage, helped by the fact that Jools Holland was still with them then, he appeared to have a bigger personality in those days than now, I guess because the goldfish bowl then was smaller. Happy days (or nights)

Edit: No sorry RA, I didn't watch The A Word this week it'll be a catchup item for me, I just heard the song.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 06-12-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Latest addition to the collection currently in transit from Jamaica for a mere 20 notes. About 30% of what it usually goes for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQbV6qNZ2ks

Andy if I had a 12 incher it would be My perfect day. or Mrsrams 😊

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    It might be an idea to carry it around with something else then, rather than your arms.....
    You were replying to my post that started "Must get wheels for my 200 box"..... just maybe I had already had an idea on ot

A French music legend died today - Johnny Hallyday. Been listening to snippets of his music on the radio - the French Elvis they call him and he was a revolutionary in the music scene in France.

So I'll dedicate top song today to him:

House of the Rising Sun (French) - Johnny Hallyday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQsG-Jz6f4M

2. O Little Town of Bethlehem - Mario Lanza https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuAruI_TwRA

I'm still figuring my Hymn for the season, Lanza is a superb singer.

3. When a child is born - Johnny Mathis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6hJNGZ8vg

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You were replying to my post that started "Must get wheels for my 200 box"..... just maybe I had already had an idea on ot
    Well mista wants 12 inches so an extra 1.5 inches for yourself might get you to that level?

Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)