+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: JR gone. Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Kevin Thomson would be an absolute minter of an appointment, nothing whatsoever to do with his Rangers allegiance, but his analysis and tactical insight when commentating is absolute dire (mostly consists of complaining that the away team is set up to defend and they should get more bookings), and he sounds about as bright as Trigger. Makes that dozy guy of Arabzone seem like a football oracle in comparison. A defensive midfielder would probably make more difference to saving our season than a new manager sadly.
    A minter of an appointment who won the League with Kelty at the first time of asking with a 60% win record. Regardless of his allegiance or what he sounds like, he must have something about him to be able to do that, no?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    A minter of an appointment who won the League with Kelty at the first time of asking with a 60% win record. Regardless of his allegiance or what he sounds like, he must have something about him to be able to do that, no?
    He won the league 2 title and his 60% win ratio with by far the biggest budget in that league,he then quit with his stock still high as his team in league 1 would be up against bigger teams with similar or more to spend.That move backfired badly as no one has touched him with a bargepole since although he did get close to being Head Funster.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    He won the league 2 title and his 60% win ratio with by far the biggest budget in that league,he then quit with his stock still high as his team in league 1 would be up against bigger teams with similar or more to spend.That move backfired badly as no one has touched him with a bargepole since although he did get close to being Head Funster.
    Tbh, I have no idea what Keltys budget was. I also have no idea why he quit or how many jobs he's been in for, other than Killie and The Fun. One he turned down and the other he didn't get. I do know he's won a league title, whereas Liam Fox almost put the only team he's managed out of existence.

If rumours are to be believed, we have a shortlist consisting of Liam Fox, Kevin Thomson, Austin McPhee and Barry Robson/Michael Carrick.

Inexperience or no experience. Take your pick.

Tbh, I have no idea what Keltys budget was. I also have no idea why he quit or how many jobs he's been in for, other than Killie and The Fun. One he turned down and the other he didn't get. I do know he's won a league title, whereas Liam Fox almost put the only team he's managed out of existence.
    Well i'm no making it up mate honest he had a massive budget for that league and he quit because he was not being afforded the same against teams in league 1,i grant you he did win the league by a country mile though and is far more qualified than Fox.Would the Black Rooster boys be having him though with their allegiances across the other side of the OF divide?.

I have been told that Charlie trained when he wanted before Ross came in and in actual fact took training sometimes,he was told by JR he would have to train with the other players and the rest is history.

Well i'm no making it up mate honest he had a massive budget for that league and he quit because he was not being afforded the same against teams in league 1,i grant you he did win the league by a country mile though and is far more qualified than Fox.Would the Black Rooster boys be having him though with their allegiances across the other side of the OF divide?.

I have been told that Charlie trained when he wanted before Ross came in and in actual fact took training sometimes,he was told by JR he would have to train with the other players and the rest is history.
    Currently second bottom of League One. Looks like his fears were correct then.

One season with a huge budget doing a Gretna doesn't leap out, honestly the guy comes across as clueless on his commentary.

If rumours are to be believed, we have a shortlist consisting of Liam Fox, Kevin Thomson, Austin McPhee and Barry Robson/Michael Carrick.

Inexperience or no experience. Take your pick.
    As the appointment of JR absolutely proves, any appointment at our level is a total risk. He was someone with real experience but failed miserably.

This of why JR failed IMHO. If getting the best out of Mulgrew, at his age, involves him doing less training and perhaps taking some sessions then that's what JR should have been doing. The best man managers do what it takes to motivate their team.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    One season with a huge budget doing a Gretna doesn't leap out, honestly the guy comes across as clueless on his commentary.
    It leaps out more than any of the others with absolutely zero experience though? I'm not saying I want him as our manager, just trying to provide a bit of balance in an argument with those writing him off simply because he's a Hun who doesn't come across well on TV. Tam was ridiculed for the way he spoke but he did a no bad job in the end.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)