+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 325 of 410 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    If we can get a wee bidding war going that wld be ideal. But if we are getting around the figure quoted or hopefully more with sell on cause etc. I’d be happy for him to go.
    another paper saying its believed to be 250k

Whilst I understand we are strapped for cash I worry that our youth development set up is becoming a bit of a feeder situation for English teams who make us an offer. Have we really become so unambitious that we are willing to let our young players leave in the hope we will receive a sell-on fee at a later date? If this is Ogren's plan to make us profitable we are in deep $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's an incredible fee for a boy that's played 12 games. For all we know he may end up being the next Garry Kenneth. Will he want to move though? He's just a kid and it's a massive move. I'd imagine Gerrard will be a big factor, as may McGinn. Talks of them signing Hickey as well which would increase the Scottish contingent. Little things like that would help the boy settle.
    £250,000 price quoted for Smith is a joke is worth lot more than that is you see what some players go for add on mean nothing get the money up front or he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    £250,000 price quoted for Smith is a joke is worth lot more than that is you see what some players go for add on mean nothing get the money up front or he stays.
    The £250K, as far as I can see, was paper talk suggesting 'what he's worth' earlier in the week. As of this morning, Villa have apparently bid £800K which is what's being discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Whilst I understand we are strapped for cash I worry that our youth development set up is becoming a bit of a feeder situation for English teams who make us an offer. Have we really become so unambitious that we are willing to let our young players leave in the hope we will receive a sell-on fee at a later date? If this is Ogren's plan to make us profitable we are in deep $hit.
    Out of contract next year. Probably not going to get much game time before then. For all we know he may have let it known he wants to move next summer and all we'd get is a development fee, which would be nowhere near the transfer fee quoted today.

Hate this kind of thing, he is gonna be a class CB, ideally we can get him to sign for a few years and sell in 2-3 years time after he has played 50-100 games and we've got to witness it in the first team, he showed at Celtic Park he is very good

If we are selling get as much as we can and a healthy sell on fee that doesn't end until he is ever sold again

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    Agree that the fee is derisory, if Nathan Paterson can go for 10 million plus. Not sure how many games he played for them, but surely not many more than Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Agree that the fee is derisory, if Nathan Paterson can go for 10 million plus. Not sure how many games he played for them, but surely not many more than Smith?
    I think if we're being honest, Smith is a million miles away from Patterson. He's ready for the Everton first team imo, has played well on the European stage and is a six cap international. He was just unfortunate that he had arguably the best player in the league ahead of him. Smith isn't even ready to be a first team regular at Utd. Is there a £10M difference? Who knows, but the markets crazy. Villa are preparing a £20M bid for Hickey who's had one good season at Bologna. Its nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I think if we're being honest, Smith is a million miles away from Patterson. He's ready for the Everton first team imo, has played well on the European stage and is a six cap international. He was just unfortunate that he had arguably the best player in the league ahead of him. Smith isn't even ready to be a first team regular at Utd. Is there a £10M difference? Who knows, but the markets crazy. Villa are preparing a £20M bid for Hickey who's had one good season at Bologna. Its nuts.
    Old Firm next big things, will always command a bigger fee because they play for the Old Firm; it’s easy to look good in a team that wins almost all of their games. Put Patterson in any other coloured shirt in SPFL and he is not commanding a 10million pound fee, or getting in the Scotland side; even if ability was equal. Patterson was never a first team regular either, for whatever reason. But yes you are most definitely correct; that transfer fees are mental. Don’t know much about Hickey but a Serie A regular I believe, so possibly an influence on the fee.

Ultimately happy for any young Scottish talent to progress as it should bode well for the national team

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Old Firm next big things, will always command a bigger fee because they play for the Old Firm; it’s easy to look good in a team that wins almost all of their games. Put Patterson in any other coloured shirt in SPFL and he is not commanding a 10million pound fee, or getting in the Scotland side; even if ability was equal. Patterson was never a first team regular either, for whatever reason. But yes you are most definitely correct; that transfer fees are mental. Don’t know much about Hickey but a Serie A regular I believe, so possibly an influence on the fee.

Ultimately happy for any young Scottish talent to progress as it should bode well for the national team
    Thing is, Patterson looked good even when they've been up against it in Europe, and he looked brilliant in a Scotland shirt. He'll be our right back for the next 10/15 years. Ousting Tavernier, with almost 20 goals and assists last season however, just isn't gonna happen. Agreed the fee is exaggerated for OF players. Always has been. Not sure I'd agree with the Scotland caps. Clarke seems happy to pick players on ability rather than who they play for and Patterson would be a regular in any other team, so I see no reason why he wouldn't get picked.

As you say, it's great for the national team. Right back has been an issue for us for years.

Page 325 of 410 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)