+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    17.4 million people would agree with you.
    No they wouldn't Joe, I for one voted leave but it wasn't for anything close to what this Rhubarb guys views are, and none of the people I know hold those views either.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    No they wouldn't Joe, I for one voted leave but it wasn't for anything close to what this Rhubarb guys views are, and none of the people I know hold those views either.
    I would suggest Rhubarb is just having a bit of fun with everyone and so far nothing he has posted merits a ban, in fact most of that stuff was common talk around Calverton WMC on a Saturday night via the microphone on-stage (£1 a pint too....yum yum)

"plus they have bad breath....particularly during Ramadan" is still the funniest one-liner on here for yonks, I actually woke up chuckling at that again this morning....but maybe I'm a bit out of touch?......not sure

Now if only the Corbynistas could come up with one-liners like that.....this forum would be a laugh a minute....IMO

We used to laugh at Love thy neighbour Tarks but to watch it now would be a total embarrassment, we have moved on thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We used to laugh at Love thy neighbour Tarks but to watch it now would be a total embarrassment, we have moved on thank goodness.
    Mmmmmm......some of that stuff looks dated, I agree.....Rising Damp is still funny though...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I would suggest Rhubarb is just having a bit of fun with everyone and so far nothing he has posted merits a ban.
    I think I owe you an apology for suggesting it might be you tarquin, but I think my second guess is correct. If you had tried to ruin this board before, and you were aware it was no longer being moderated, what better way to get it closed down than to post a load of racist (and anti-Muslim in particular) comments? His problem was that he was too full on to take seriously. The clincher however was this:

"the migrant workers get more money than they could have gotten in their home countries".

The only person on these boards who ever uses the word 'gotten' is him, and he uses it regularly.

I should be a detective.

Mmmmmm......some of that stuff looks dated, I agree.....Rising Damp is still funny though...IMO
    My stepdaughter used to love her golly and still does although she's now got two kids of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think I owe you an apology for suggesting it might be you tarquin, but I think my second guess is correct. If you had tried to ruin this board before, and you were aware it was no longer being moderated, what better way to get it closed down than to post a load of racist (and anti-Muslim in particular) comments? His problem was that he was too full on to take seriously. The clincher however was this:

"the migrant workers get more money than they could have gotten in their home countries".

The only person on these boards who ever uses the word 'gotten' is him, and he uses it regularly.

I should be a detective.
    It's not me Elite, though I admit to using "gotten" a few times....who was your 2nd guess?

ps I didn't see it as an attempt to close down the board....why would anyone want to do that?

ps I didn't see it as an attempt to close down the board....why would anyone want to do that?
    Why would anyone pose as Plympie to gain mod status and start banning people left right and centre?

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    My stepdaughter used to love her golly and still does although she's now got two kids of her own.
    My best mate at Grammar School was a half-caste called Chris Collymore, and we caught the same 2 buses every day for 3 years from West Reading into Broad St and from the Butts into Tilehurst....I never heard a hint of racism, nobody ever threatened us or spat at us....nothing
    It was only after I left school in '75 that I started to hear all the horror stories in the press about racism and how to stamp it out, ban this, ban that, you cannot say this or that or use certain words.
    "Tipping point" is a concept that has been discussed often....I think there is a natural tendency for any indigenous people to "push back" if they feel their identity or well-being threatened....IMO, immigration was too much and too quickly, and the whole "Muslim issue" where the terrorism and them not wanting to mix, stay separate, their own special schools was the straw that broke the camel's back (pun intended, nice one Tarkers)
    Now, IMO, we need a period of consolidation without any further terror attacks......and an end to "grooming gangs".

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why would anyone pose as Plympie to gain mod status and start banning people left right and centre?
    Ah yes, I remember the night well.

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast