+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumour thread 19/20

Been away for a week and see nothings happened!

Strange to see Deniz signed up again and i hope to see him play his part this season. Siegrist improved massively from his place as the better of 2 evils and needs to keep improving, but i think Deniz is the better keeper and will have the no1 spot nailed down. Benji could still move on as well which will give us a problem.

Sun saying we’re trying offload Sow for Stevie May. That’s a huge no from me

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Sun saying we’re trying offload Sow for Stevie May. That’s a huge no from me
    I would rather give Sow a chance than ever let Stevie May near us. Thought he was great for St Johnstone and has never been the same since his knee injury. Oh wait! He will be in next week along with all the other recovering knee jerks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I would rather give Sow a chance than ever let Stevie May near us. Thought he was great for St Johnstone and has never been the same since his knee injury. Oh wait! He will be in next week along with all the other recovering knee jerks!
    Agree.

I'd give Sow to at least the turn of the year but if he isn't doing the business by then then get rid.

Stevie May. No thanks.

I think Deniz the Mehmet is a more than able deputy. Sow and May are 50/50. Both lazy looking dumplings.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree.

I'd give Sow to at least the turn of the year but if he isn't doing the business by then then get rid.

Stevie May. No thanks.
    Agree with giving Sow a chance to prove himself. But as you say, if we don't see him improve on fitness and scoring by the end of the year then we should try move him on. When does his contract run out?

Not sure I agree about Stevie May though. Was a decent player at the Perth Saints. If he could recover that form then I would definitely like him. But he's not done much up at Sheepsville. Could be that he's had his purple patch.

I'm hoping that Shankland settles quickly at United and gets off to a decent start because there appears to be a lot of expectation sitting on his shoulders if you read what the fans have got to say on the forums. It worries me that we could end up with another Billy McKay, Stevie Crawford, Lee Miller situation. Shankland is an exciting prospect, he would be a hero to our support if he can score 20+ league goals this year. But if he doesn't find his shooting boots early on, I worry that things could go a bit awry.

I still think we need a player that takes a mean free kick and pinpoint corners that get past the 1st defender.

Agree that Stevie May has not been great for years. Would rather given Sow his chance. Not massively keen on either of them tbh

Nicky C and Shankland are better options / goalscorers

I feel a sea change. Our fortunes are changing in more ways than one. May is more than a scorer, would create space and passes for the Shank, might even rediscover his golden touch. Wouldn't be unhappy with that.

C'mon United

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Agree with giving Sow a chance to prove himself. But as you say, if we don't see him improve on fitness and scoring by the end of the year then we should try move him on. When does his contract run out?

Not sure I agree about Stevie May though. Was a decent player at the Perth Saints. If he could recover that form then I would definitely like him. But he's not done much up at Sheepsville. Could be that he's had his purple patch.

I'm hoping that Shankland settles quickly at United and gets off to a decent start because there appears to be a lot of expectation sitting on his shoulders if you read what the fans have got to say on the forums. It worries me that we could end up with another Billy McKay, Stevie Crawford, Lee Miller situation. Shankland is an exciting prospect, he would be a hero to our support if he can score 20+ league goals this year. But if he doesn't find his shooting boots early on, I worry that things could go a bit awry.

I still think we need a player that takes a mean free kick and pinpoint corners that get past the 1st defender.
    Sows had a chance to prove himself and he proved to be lazy unfit and f ucking useless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree.

Stevie May. No thanks.
    What I'm not getting is that folk are prepared to give Sow the benefit of the doubt despite being utterly gash but the same folk are not prepared to give May a chance.

Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)