+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

[QUOTE=Shark27;39363615]
    Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Yes we should target all. Why is it when someone says we should do something about benefits the counter is 'well what about the rich people who are cheating the system's and vice verca. People who are aligned to one particular party seem to think only one of these can be done.

If people free their minds they may realise that we could do both.

Not everyone can be tarred with the same brush but it's quite obvious that there are many people that could have a barrow full of tar chucked at them.
    Totally agree that we should do what we can to minimise losses from benefits and tax cheats. But as the revenues from tax cheats tend to cost us around 3 times more in lost revenue, the recurrent focus on benefits cheats seems a little unbalanced at times.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Why?

It’s 20% slower on average than the USA and Germany.

It’s above average on a global scale but it should be better. Believe me, I know.

It’s perfectly adequate. Better than adequate where it’s really needed.
    What is?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Well done for noticing that your assumption that I am opposed to increases in taxes was wrong. I've signalled it often enough, but your preducices and belief in your own moral superiority blinded you.

Your blindness extends to your suggestion that I don't offer any ideas. I have suggested a policy of honesty, it is you has no solution other than selling unattainable and job destroying 'somebody else will pay' promises on the doorstep on the basis that people won't buy the truth.
    On the one hand you're suggesting that if the public want services, they have to accept that they have to pay for them. This is fine, but then you're saying that the 1p/2p wouldn't be anywhere near enough to pay for what's needed and we have to be honest about that. Great, OK. I hear you. So how do you suggest that we raise the large sums of money to pay for the improved services that I think were both agreeing that we'd quite like to see?

Why?

It’s 20% slower on average than the USA and Germany.

It’s above average on a global scale but it should be better. Believe me, I know.

It’s perfectly adequate. Better than adequate where it’s really needed.
    I'll ansewer the why. Much more of our life will be done on-line going forward. Lets be ready.

But this is Britain. Our roads are adequate, railways adequate, airports adequate, deep sea ports adequate, housing adequate, education adequate, technology in industry adequate. It all adds up to inadequate for me - lower half of the table.

[QUOTE=ragingpup;39363638]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

Totally agree that we should do what we can to minimise losses from benefits and tax cheats. But as the revenues from tax cheats tend to cost us around 3 times more in lost revenue, the recurrent focus on benefits cheats seems a little unbalanced at times.
    I would say that it is unbalanced because a lot of working people would feel more aggrieved about the people who don't get out of bed in a morning (or if they do they take their kids to school in their dressing gown - been banned at a school close to me by the way), bringing down the local areas, having children who don't eat breakfast, go to bed when they want, thus causing general disruption to their classmates, these kids getting older and committing crimes, burgling people's houses etc, getting free prescriptions in the chemist, having kids to carry on that cycle (not all granted). Yes, that's why they may feel a bit more biased.

[QUOTE=ragingpup;39363638]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

A cheat is a cheat.

No imbalance at all.

Saying that, a benefit cheat who has never pumped a penny back into society, is really the lowest of the low.

If I’m paying for it, I’ll focus on that lowlife all day long if I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I'll ansewer the why. Much more of our life will be done on-line going forward. Lets be ready.

But this is Britain. Our roads are adequate, railways adequate, airports adequate, deep sea ports adequate, housing adequate, education adequate, technology in industry adequate. It all adds up to inadequate for me - lower half of the table.
    Above average actually.

As an individual, how much assistance do you need? Are you spoon fed?

In all but a small percentage of areas, I can video conference and communicate with people anywhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

Why is this country inadequate? I can get to London in under 2.5 hours on the train. I get the odd hold up at airports but can fly to the USA in under 8 hours. I’ve got a kid fresh from finishing their GCSE’s at a state run school, with grades ranging from level 7 to 9 across all subjects. Not paid a penny private because I don’t believe in it. Got another following who will do the same.

What’s inadequate?

Are you one of these businessmen or citizens who need a leg up to wipe your arse? A grant here or a consultant there?

It’s pathetic.

Get on the phone to each other.
    Do you think people are reading this s4it.

Are you one of these businessmen or citizens who need a leg up to wipe your arse? A grant here or a consultant there?

It’s pathetic.
    How we move this forward Howdy. Do you want to get the exchange of insults out the way first?

Page 34 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast