+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Me or Elite? Take ya pick we’ve both openly said we’ve bet on the opposition more than once when the odds are generous enough to warrant it.

So let me get this straight if you bet on Notts to lose that means the person wants them to lose? Interesting theory but it’s only beer money chap .
    Only one of the two mentioned was slagging of another fan because he was accused of wanting notts to lose.
    Which wasnt the case he didnt want a late victory to paper of the cracks of a former poor manager we had..
    So I think we've narrowed the 2 down to one now..
    It was quite simple after all....

Well once you amended the question then yes 2 becomes 1. Well done.

Immediately pouring water on everyone and anyone celebrating the incredibly rare instance of Notts scoring two goals in injury time to turn a likely defeat into victory. That's what he will be remembered for, nowt else.

No loss now he's gone. As others said after his melodramatic post.

Bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Yes it probably slowly is changing..that won’t be complete until our generation is gone, and the world is full of those that aren’t sure whether they identify as male, female or toaster. By the way, the male toilets in the hospital up here are now required to have female sanitary bins in them, so nobody can accuse us of not moving with the times. Off to Bunnings to get some supa glue.
    The Disabled toilets at the local College here have a Male, Female & Transgender sign on them

I can't believe people are arguing in favour of Ross. Yes what he said was racist due to Enzio being black and the African stereotype. If you have a go at someone and bring their race into it then that's racist. Why even mention race? He could have just said he's lazy or slow. Would he have said that African passport joke about a slow white player, no. We don't need people who casually use racist jokes and stereotypes at the club. He himself resigned which was the right decision.

Again why even mention race, no answer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg elite View Post
    Are we required to state the colours of our wives and children in the poll Pedro ? The logic behind the people defending Ross is absolutely beyond me and I'm disgusted by it, nothing to do with condescension or arrogance just plain right or wrong. I believe what he said was stupid AND racist , 2 words that go hand in hand and that's a FACT.
    If you have lived their life of racism and you feel its relevant by all means.
    i find it quite amusing that we have many anti racism warriors posting on this who have only read about it and not had to live with it but all of a sudden feel they are experts on it.
    A very honorable and noble mission (no not thickos) but I believe they can be clouded by the reality of it and jump on any horse in the name of racism.lets not get ignorance or I'll judged remarks or poor judgement get mistaken as outright racism.
    For one minute Ithere I thought you was going to say your not racist because you have lots of black friends...
    Off course we are all entitled to our opinions and the most telling one around this is Enzios but is there a sub plot to this? As QP has said there is a big matter of context around what was said that we are not privy to.
    A ver very wise man once said Balance not bias.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Only one of the two mentioned was slagging of another fan because he was accused of wanting notts to lose.
    Which wasnt the case he didnt want a late victory to paper of the cracks of a former poor manager we had..
    So I think we've narrowed the 2 down to one now..
    It was quite simple after all....
    So he didn't want us to lose. But he was disappointed that we won.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    If you have lived their life of racism and you feel its relevant by all means.
    i find it quite amusing that we have many anti racism warriors posting on this who have only read about it and not had to live with it but all of a sudden feel they are experts on it.
    A very honorable and noble mission (no not thickos) but I believe they can be clouded by the reality of it and jump on any horse in the name of racism.lets not get ignorance or I'll judged remarks or poor judgement get mistaken as outright racism.
    For one minute Ithere I thought you was going to say your not racist because you have lots of black friends...
    Off course we are all entitled to our opinions and the most telling one around this is Enzios but is there a sub plot to this? As QP has said there is a big matter of context around what was said that we are not privy to.
    A ver very wise man once said Balance not bias.
    I thought you said that context isn't important.

And yet again, you bring up Enzio.

It absolutely beggars belief that you still try to defend the indefensible. Why do you think IR resigned?

Immediately pouring water on everyone and anyone celebrating the incredibly rare instance of Notts scoring two goals in injury time to turn a likely defeat into victory. That's what he will be remembered for, nowt else.

Bye bye.
    When was the question amended?
    hypocrisy was used from the word go.
    There was only one hypocrite. In the equation the one that bets on notts to lose but also slags a fellow fan off for apparently wanting them to lose.
    Only in your eyes was the question changed as you offered elite as an option but he hasnt slagged a fan off as you did therefore eliminated from being the hypocrite.
    It really is that simple.

Bye bye.
    That's fine by all means remember him that way,but that doesn't change the fact that you also bet on notts to lose.
    So how can you slag him of for it when you bet on it...?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    So he didn't want us to lose. But he was disappointed that we won.
    I've no idea.
    But I know laddo bets on notts losing but critisced a fan for wanting the same outcome (apparently)
    I think that spells hypocrisy

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast