+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 364 of 625 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Good to know that someone actually reads my posts!
    Excellent post ragnarok.
    Well worth the read.

But then my realism kicks in and I realise that expecting some saviour to come in and rectify this is delusional. But I also realise that my realism is the antithesis of why many people follow a football team at all so I don’t begrudge others the fantasy that a new man at the helm could take us to another level.
    Why is it delusional to think a manager cant come in and give celtic a better go. I think that attitude is defeatist. So we just stick with the status quo and keep losing games v them before a ball is kicked. Mediocrity it is then i suppose. Will celtic get ten in a row?Highly likely. Am i asking to win the league? Not now but we had our chance and blew it not so long ago. But if we could give them a proper go and not go into games and sh@t the bed almost all the time we could win a cup or two. But i dont think McInnes is the guy to get is there as he never learns and as you said continually gets pumped by them making our recent record against them attrocious viewing. We cant lay a glove on them. Im not settling for that. Never

Until Derek McInnes and Stewart Milne leave Aberdeen FC the life, soul, entertainment and ambition will be sucked right out of the club.

The “Jamie Langfield” argument is a logic fail because (a) how many potential replacements did we go through who were just as bad or worse than Langfield and (b) replacing a manager is not the same as replacing a goalkeeper.
    You have Jamie Langfield Syndrome.

McInnes actually found two significantly better goalies. Scott Brown should have been sent to Devil's Island to live out the rest of his life but he wasn't a full-time replacement.

The idea is to not get yourself into a mess where you are looking to replace horse sh1t. You are meant to replace someone good with someone as good or better.

The way things are potentially going is we have to replace McInnes with a bang average manager.

Jamie Langfield syndrome remains an unproven hypothesis until such time as McInnes’ replacement leads us to a treble treble!

Jamie Langfield syndrome remains an unproven hypothesis until such time as McInnes’ replacement leads us to a treble treble!
    Your symptoms are worse than those fireman at Chernobyl.

We just had to find a decent commanding keeper to replace Langfield which we did. You are just being unrealistic

Good to know that someone actually reads my posts!

I don’t see myself as a McInnes happy clapper, more a dour realist. I think McInnes has been a good fit for Aberdeen for the most part but his limitations are an understandable source of frustration as we have essentially peaked just short of genuine success.

I also happen to think that he’s probably going to continue to do a better (or no worse) job than most of the likely candidates to replace him. The “Jamie Langfield” argument is a logic fail because (a) how many potential replacements did we go through who were just as bad or worse than Langfield and (b) replacing a manager is not the same as replacing a goalkeeper.

There probably is someone out there who could do a better job than McInnes but the ingredients are somewhat intangible so a new manager is always going to be something of a punt. I suspect we would likely need to go through a few managers until we found someone who would make a tangible improvement (although we could get lucky first time). The problem is that there are so many other variables that are directly influenced by the manager, that kind of chopping and changing has many detrimental knock on effects for other areas of the club; a period of uncertainty or instability can be beneficial when things have gone a bit stale, more likely it leads to a lean period like the one we saw from 1996-2014.

For a club in our position success has a lot to do with luck and timing and when DM came into the job it was a case of the right man at the right time. Six years later a section of the support is now looking at our perennial cup defeats to Celtic and, not without justification, asking if he’s the man to take us forward. In my view if there’s one criticism that sticks against McInnes is his record against Celtic; not just the H2H (which isn’t that bad in terms of wins vs losses when compared with other teams) but the fact we’ve been battered by them so many times in key matches i.e. too often we’re not even close.

But then my realism kicks in and I realise that expecting some saviour to come in and rectify this is delusional. But I also realise that my realism is the antithesis of why many people follow a football team at all so I don’t begrudge others the fantasy that a new man at the helm could take us to another level.
    I would agree with the majority of that.

But

Say you're in a position of carrying some responsibility and decision making and your end of year report contains several poor decisions attributed to 'bad luck'.

Would it wash?

I think May was a gamble worth taking but some of the others have shown ,at best, a lack of due diligence.

That said i am not wholly in the anti McInnes camp but i suspect he is getting ever closer to his sell by date.

"The Aberdeen FC management team of Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty has agreed new contracts with the club that will see them remain at Pittodrie until at least the summer of 2022."

Brilliant news, can't wait to not open this thread again to see the complete meltdown taking place. Have fun

Page 364 of 625 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast