+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 364 of 560 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Past lines of stationary “shuttle buses” full to standing room only of purple-faced, distended-bladdered fans desperate to get to the family entertainment of bouncy castles, candy floss and burgers, keen not to miss the performance of the Garlogie Primary School vuvuzela orchestra.

I can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    So rebuilding 3 stands could be circa £42M.
    With no revenue from selling Pittodrie and no training grounds.

Your showing the nett result is it is more expensive for the club than the move to Kingsford.
    How much did Hearts other 3 stands cost? They’re magic to sit in but they look like they’re made out of meccano

Whats with this training ground stuff?

Milne hasnt bothered his hole about it during his tenure until now...but now that it suits him its the be all and end all.

So rebuilding 3 stands could be circa £42M.
    Even by your standards, that's quite some reach.

I don't think I'll waste my time explaining why it isn't that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Whats with this training ground stuff?

Milne hasnt bothered his hole about it during his tenure until now...but now that it suits him its the be all and end all.
    But... the reason he hasn't done anything about about it until now is because those training facilities *must* have a new stadium right next to them, otherwise the players wouldn't get the benefit of the new training facilities.

That is why we have been holding off building the training facilities for the last 30 years - we've just been waiting for the right land to become available to build a stadium next to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Even by your standards, that's quite some reach.

I don't think I'll waste my time explaining why it isn't that simple.
    I asked the poster who cited Hearts stand, who has yet to respond, so I'll ask you: -

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    Where is the funding going to come for this? Milne and his cronies wont pony up, which makes me think its pie in the sky. **** Milne wouldnt trust him as far as I could throw him! Far better staying at our eternal home and redeveloping it for a fraction of the cost of a new stadium even if that means cutting capacity to about 18500 with fierce sloping stands like say swinecastle.
    Tynecastle rebuilt one stand for circa £14-15M. We would need to rebuild three stands.
    I'm genuinely interested to hear how you could refurbish Pittodrie for a net lower cost than at Kinsgford.
    Also to factor in the training ground requirement

For f’uck sake let’s separate the argument about a training ground from the need for a new stadium.

Right, can we agree about that?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    For f’uck sake let’s separate the argument about a training ground from the need for a new stadium.

Nae really, because that is - if you believe Milne, which I don't - the very crux of the reason why we "need" to move to Westhill.

Absolutely

We don’t *need* either

Fair enough.
    Does anyone have any sort of projection for the nett cost to redevelop Pittodrie?

Page 364 of 560 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast