+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 367 of 530 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Anyway... still no rumours of players coming in the door this week??
    That’s the way I like it.
    Club does it’s business behind closed doors.
    Often more successful and also means less likely they are hawking themselves to the highest bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No way will AFC gamble £10 million

We'd take the money, and rightly so.

Me personally on the other hand?
    I'd love to see a Devlin McKenna partnership in the heart of our defence for at least a season.
    I agree, although if he is sold, I’d like us to move swiftly for Ben Heneghan

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree, although if he is sold, I’d like us to move swiftly for Ben Heneghan
    Really?
    You’ve never mentioned it

No chance anyone's going to offering £10m for him. If some of these other defenders are going for £10-20m then he's probably worth that, but I'd be surprised if anyone bid more than £5m for him. I also imagine if we're offered £5m we'll take it, and stick a 20-25% sell on clause which could make us several more million down the line.

Anyway... still no rumours of players coming in the door this week?? I think a decent signing today or tomorrow would give us the boost we need going into Thurs and Sun.
    I don’t think much will happen until the EPL deadline is passed.
    That won’t directly affect us, but the chain effect of the players in lower leagues etc will.
    I expect a couple in after the scum game, maybe the week after.

Anyway... still no rumours of players coming in the door this week??
    McInnes in the EE saying a striker in for sevco is the aim

I’ve read figures of £8m, £10m being bandied about for Scott McKenna.
    A bit delusional IMO.
    I know some folk see £20m being paid for players regularly - some from the Championship.....

But... I reckon we’d be lucky to get £5m.
    It’ll be something nearer that than £8n-£10m.

List the number of players from Scotland who’ve left for £10m that haven’t played Champions League.
    It’s not a long list.

That’s the way I like it.
    Club does it’s business behind closed doors.
    Often more successful and also means less likely they are hawking themselves to the highest bidder.
    Go back a few seasons ago and any time it was said in the media that Aberdeen were after such and such a player the said players move was invariably hijacked by the likes of Dundee utd, Mcinnes does his transfer business under the radar most of the time, yes there have been some dodgers signed in the past but a lot of the blame for this has to go down to a poor scouting system, sitting watching videos on youtube is no substitute for going and actually watching a player over say a period of a couple of months.
    Also the Mckenna rumourmill may well end up seeing us receive a decent wedge, but this money in no way should be used to fund a new stadium, all of the money should be used to improve the quality of players on the pitch, to say a new stadium is a priority is a load of ****e, the Burnley players and fans are raving about how good the atmosphere was at Pittodrie, why change something and move us to a soulless ground in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Really?
    You’ve never mentioned it
    Yeah, well he has went on loan to Blackpool.
    I’m sure a sale would allow a recall though, surely.
    Most on here would dismiss no doubt as lower league English no-mark.

If McKenna did go, who would you recommend as a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Go back a few seasons ago and any time it was said in the media that Aberdeen were after such and such a player the said players move was invariably hijacked by the likes of Dundee utd, Mcinnes does his transfer business under the radar most of the time, yes there have been some dodgers signed in the past but a lot of the blame for this has to go down to a poor scouting system, sitting watching videos on youtube is no substitute for going and actually watching a player over say a period of a couple of months.
    Also the Mckenna rumourmill may well end up seeing us receive a decent wedge, but this money in no way should be used to fund a new stadium, all of the money should be used to improve the quality of players on the pitch, to say a new stadium is a priority is a load of ****e, the Burnley players and fans are raving about how good the atmosphere was at Pittodrie, why change something and move us to a soulless ground in the middle of nowhere.
    On you last point, they might have a point, but how often do we have over 20,000 all singing and creating that atmosphere?

It’s not the stadium that creates the atmosphere, it’s those that go.

Yeah, well he has went on loan to Blackpool.
    I’m sure a sale would allow a recall though, surely.
    Most on here would dismiss no doubt as lower league English no-mark.

If McKenna did go, who would you recommend as a replacement?
    I don’t think folk would dismiss Heneghan as he’s done well here in the past for Motherwell.
    The only thing folk would be p1ssed off at is if Scott McKenna is seen to be sold too cheaply without any haggling like Rod Petrie would do for example

We SHOULD be selling young players every couple of years for chunky fees.
    If the Dhims are forced to do it, then who are we to turn down millions?

Page 367 of 530 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast